- CHAPTER 8 -

The sun shines down brightly on a tall building. It's glossy silver tiles have been polished to perfection, and the harsh glare of the sun bounces off it's spotless window glasses. Inside a luxurious conference room, there are several people sitting around the table, dressed in expensive clothes and those who carry themselves with a sense of importance.

However, no one holds a candle to the figure seated in the center. The person is donned in a fitted white suit, and a thin black belt cinches her waist around the fabric of their coat. One leg slung over another, the sharp black heels of their Jimmy Choo seem poised and ready to stab the air.

This person is none other than Ananya Itthiwatkam.

One of the men dressed in a grey suit addressed her, "To what do we owe the pleasure of being visited by the eldest lady today?"

Ananya has always been referred to as the young lady ever since she was a child. She was an only child of her parents, hence it seemed appropriate to refer to her as such. However, a few years later, her father brought in her half-brother. Even if he was an illegitimate child, her status changed to 'eldest', as she now had a younger half-sibling. Ananya hated that title. It constantly reminded her of her father's mistake.

Ananya gave a courteous smile, "Please, don't be so polite. I have been back in Thailand for a while, but I didn't have time to greet you properly. I wanted to take this opportunity to say hello and hope to get along well in the future."

These are all business people here. They might hold different intentions inside their heart but they can all read the room.

Since Ananya has taken the initiative to greet them, the remaining people naturally follow suit.

"Of course not, it is our honour to meet the eldest lady in person today."

"Exactly, I've always heard a lot about the eldest lady but meeting you today, those rumours don't do you justice."

The people continue to exchange pleasantries, and Ananya takes the lead to ask them about their families.

"I heard your daughter recently got hired as a junior associate at Klark & Klarks' Firm. That is wonderful news."

The person in question looks a bit taken aback, but slowly beams in happiness, "Yes, that's correct. She graduated with honours, within the top 5 of her batch."

Another elderly man, the one from earlier in grey suit comments, "Simmons is lucky. He is blessed with a good child."

Ananya looks at him, "You are being too humble. Isn't your son currently doing his degree at Harvard Medical School?" The man looks pleased at being called out and pretends to disagree, "Still, he lives so far away and barely calls back home enough. My wife is always complaining."

Ananya gives a polite smile. These old geezers can pretend to be modest in front of each other. As if she doesn't know that Simmons used his connections to land his daughter her job and Qian, who enrolled his son under the generous pretext of building another medical research institute for the school.

Of course, there is nothing greater than having money.

"Speaking of family, I heard that my brother has been in frequent disagreements with you lately. I hope you can overlook his past mistakes and forgive his rashness as a sign of his courage. He only wants to do what he believes is good for the Itthi Group."

At the mention of her brother, all the faces of the people present change quickly. For this group of people, are the very same minor shareholders of the Itthi Group.

Ananya might have tried to play the role of a virtuous sister, but her every word pointed out Wanit as a brash and an immature figure, who only wanted to do things his own way.