Stay up with me

(Requested)

Paring: Chishiya x reader

Mentions of insomnia and coping

Summary: After being invited to the beach Chishiya wonders why he's never seen you sleep
---------------------------------------------

Game Completed

Two words brought a huge relief to all that heard it. You released a sigh as you turned around walking towards the exit. Stepping over bodies wasn't something you were proud of however you had to do what you needed to survive in this world. Little did you know your skills acquired a little admirer along the way.

Chishiya wouldn't normally care to follow someone around the games especially since he's more than capable of solving them on his own. He'd much rather give people subtle hints or watching them get themselves killed proved much more interesting, that is until he noticed you.

It's not very often he can find someone that's smart or rational enough and carry it on throughout an entire game so he had to admit your mysteriousness caught his attention. Although you both had a shared mindset you were still different entirely. Determined and willing to help anyone in the games if needed was something Chishiya didn't often understand but fascinated him so much more.

He wanted to ignore the facts around his growing interest but fell victim to the decision of inviting you to the beach anyway. Chishiya wasn't exactly a hard believer in Hatters theories about collecting all the playing cards yet for the time being he would use that as an excuse to talk to you. Simply for the fact that they needed your cards. Diamond cards were almost as hard to acquire just as much as hearts being that it requires a level of knowledge and you also being a dimond player the card excuse wouldn't be a full lie in this case.

"Hey wait up"

You stopped in your tracks and turned around to see a man in a white hoodie, blonde hair blowing gently on the wind as he walked to you with a small grin. You shuffled your hands further into your pockets as you raised an eyebrow and what it was he had to say. Chishiya stops his little jogging too stay a few feet in front of you

Chishiya:" You seem cold I know a place that's warmer with food and beds. You can come if you want or not your choice"

With that he walked passed you but stopped to turn around and look at you who turned to face him again

Chishiya:" Aslo we could use more diamond players"

He turned around and began walking again leaving you to your own thoughts. Luckily your body moved faster then your mind so you walked behind him while slowly processing his words earlier which eventually lead you to this place called the beach.

That encounter was weeks ago and every day of those weeks you didn't know Chishiya was studying you or maybe you did know but didn't care enough to say anything. There were nights he'd leave Kuina to silently watch you sit at the bar with a shot glass after finishing a game. Some nights you were even sitting by the pool always staring at nothing in particular in deep thought. Chishiya wondered what you thought so hard about especially since you seem to be interested in going everywhere but your room.

Tired of his mind being on you Chishiya decided to go up and sit on the rooftop, which became the only place he can think wouldn't the extra loud music or drunkenness of other people. Making his way to the rooftop he froze at the sight of your figure already sitting there legs dangling over the ledge in deep thought until a voice startles you

Chishiya:" You know I'm not suprised to see you here"

You look up to watch him walk towards you with the same white hoodie and hands in his pockets. He sat next to you while you looked away and turned your gaze back to the sky. While your focus was occupied on that you failed to noticed the way Chishiya admirered your features closely.

Chishiya:" do you always think this much?"

You side glanced him which caused an unintentional smirk to form on his lips

You:" Do you always wear the same hoodie?"

Chishiya looked down before looking back at you still smirking

Chishiya:" I think I asked first but to answer you I suppose the hoodie grew on me"

You turned to look at the hoodie closer the way it did engulf his figure was attractive and frankly you did get use to seeing it

You:" I suppose overthinking grew on me to"

Chishiya studied your body language more before continuing. You looked so tired yet calm but he didn't understand why you wouldn't just go to sleep at such a late hour. He also didn't understand why he cared this much. He could easily be getting his own much needed rest and leave you but here he is keeping you company on the beaches rooftop at 2 am.

Chishiya:" Is there a reason for that?"

You looked at him gently as if debating if you should really talk about it or not. Ideally you did because why not. You let out a sigh before you sat in a extra minute of silence

You: " When I first got here I lost a close friend of mine in a game. Ever since I then I guess I haven't been sleeping much. I can't get them out of my mind and ive been overthinking all the ways I can help others not die as much in result. Sometimes going to the bar lets me escape and drown out the thoughts just for a little while"

Chishiya wasn't usually a sympathetic person but he oddly felt for you knowing the games takes a toll on everyone after a while let alone loosing someone to them. Being a med student also made him too familiar with insomniacs and their coping mechanisms.

You both sat in silence until you watched Chishiya stand up. You thought he was leaving from your uninteresting life story but to your surprise he just stood next to you.

Chishiya:" You can't control the outcome of every game"

He met your else before continuing

Chishiya:" but you can control how well you perform in that game"

He held his hand out for you to take, hesitant at first your reluctantly let him pull you to your feet.

Chishiya:" only if you get rest"

Looking down you nodded slowly knowing he was right in the end. You could end up dying from a small mistake from not sleeping when it all can well be avoided. Before you could say something else regarding how you would go to sleep with so much on your mind it's like he read your thoughts and spoke before you

Chishiya:" I'll stay with you "

You decided not to question further and followed him to your room. True to his word and thanks to his medical skills Chishiya always found a way to calm you down enough to get you to sleep. Sometimes it was Jasmin tea that did the trick other times he'd reluctantly listen to your rambles until you fell alseep.

A/N: this thought of attentive chishiya has me so soft. Sorry it took me so long 🥹