Sympathy

Hugo knew what Cami had been through so he understood her so he promised himself he would always treat Cami better than Sophia .

Cami knew what she felt towards Hugo so she understood why she didn't like Hugo taking care of Sophia except her . Cami always anticipates the forehead kisses Hugo gives her especially when he innocently links their fingers together without realizing it.

Cami wonders maybe it is because of how Hugo treats her that she feels that way towards him because she feels the need to rely on him plus Hugo never forces her to do anything for him ,all he does is take care of her and he never asked her for anything except for her to be herself.

Cami had even been the one to request Hugo date since her time on earth was short. Cami was a stage 4 cancer patient so the possibility of living was limited

Hugo felt bad for raising his voice at Cami but he couldn't help it with everything going on in his life plus from the start Cami and Hugo were never suppose to be a thing in the first place and Hugo felt unqualified to be with Cami because truth be told he didn't think he was enough and he could die any time especially in his line of business. Hugo keeps telling himself he could do better but he can't incase he had to leave(dies) her one day

Hugo sat down with his back facing her door as he listened to the sweet sound of her voice maybe if Cami didn't have cancer she could have been like Beyoncé . Hugo understood Cami only sings for him in hopes it lifts his burden and it does her voice was a drug he was willing to overdose on .

"The doctors will be here tomorrow Cami" Hugo said interrupting Cami
"Okay" Cami whispered
" should I stay with you when you are getting checked?" Hugo asked
"Would you be free tomorrow?" Cami said not wanting to be selfish
"For you I would stay" Hugo said

It annoyed Cami whenever Hugo does this
"You should go " Cami said
"Call if you need me" Hugo said before leaving

Hugo had to visit Carlos Gracia his best friend since he was having gang related issues . Carlos was never built for the gang life if it came to fighting he can but shooting or having someone killed was something Carlos could never order . The in gang fighting was a result of Carlos inability to lead properly even if Carlos hated to admit it when Sophia was still around in gang fighting was not a thing .

Hugo felt bad for attending to Valentina first but he couldn't have just abandoned her since he had been working with her to reach an agreement before Carlos rung him up that the situation was getting worse . Family members were even trying to pull out and Uncle Fernando had pulled out taking members with him making it easy for enemies to strike .

Hugo was not surprised Uncle Fernando had pulled out he was a traditional mafia man and the way Carlos ran things was too soft for Fernando the Businesses didn't feel safe in Carlos hands . Hugo thought to tell Valentina when she gets back from wherever she had gone to cause havoc .