Obligation

Hugo knew he had no obligation to help Valentina since they were not dating or engaged but he had once loved Valentina so he couldn't just abandon her when Valentina needed him even tho Valentina had played him like a fiddle.
Hugo took a deep breathe before coming out he quickly shot Valentina a I am outside text to let her know he was here for her like he said he would .Valentina didn't waste time coming outside

Valentina hugged Hugo immediately she saw him
"Thank God you are here" Valentina said burying her face in his chest
"Of course I promised" Hugo said recalling when he promised to always be there for Valentina
Hugo confidently walked in with Valentina by his side Hugo locked eyes with Alex sizing him
Alex Moneroe sat on the chair with two of his hench men behind him and some others placed in different conners of the restaurant eyeing Hugo suspiciously . Hugo counted the total number of men Alex had brought with him he could tell dogs apart just by looking at their mannerisms

"This is an agreement so call off your dogs" Hugo said before taking his seat next to Valentina
"You are not even suppose to be here Hugo Ernesto " Alex said before taking a drag out of his cigar
"She was once my betrothed ,lie?" Hugo said as if daring Alex to question him
The meetings went okay not without few difficulties , Hugo finally managed to set dates in which the Moneroes can trade in the Valentines territory since the Valentines were not capable of going to war the family head recently died and made his daughter the leader out of his four sons and the mafia was no place for a woman but for Valentina Valentine she was manipulative enough to be in the mafia especially when she was in Buisness mode and yet some people question her authority and try to cheat her .

Valentina was someone who always finds a way to use someone and also never lets an offender go unpunished that was why the mafia was handed to her because her father knew no other person was more fitting for the role.
Hugo wondered if Valentina would have had a better life If she wasn't involved with the mafia or if she had married Carlos .

Carlos was capable of protecting Valentina from all the mafia struggle but he had backed out and had married Mia instead leaving Valentina into the hands of sharks . When Alex left the smell of cigar linger but Valentina could finally breathe a breath of relief since she had finally gotten to an agreement concerning using the port . Valentine wondered if the Monroe's will still try to hijack her shipments since she had a feeling they have been the one involved .

A lot of lives had been lost but there was nothing Valentine could do to bring them back she of course felt for her lost comrades and their families ,she knew compensating them with money would not ease the pain only if she had full control could she wage a war of revenge .

"Thanks for everything I truly don't know what I would do without you " Valentina said