The officer wrote down everything Louis said and asked a few more questions before announcing he had everything he needed from him and that his officers would like to check the inside of the home to find out where Chad had gotten in. As it would turn out, the lock on the sliding back door had been picked and was standing wide open. The lead officer announced they had everything they needed and were leaving.

One by one the police vehicles left and once they were back in the house Louis made sure the gate was closed after locking the front door. Together, he and Harry hurried up the stairs to Skylar's room where Scarlet was waiting with her sister sleeping in her lap.

"Is he gone?" Scarlet questioned quietly, eyes filled with worry and fear.

"Yes honey, he's gone." Harry whispered coming over to squat beside the rocking chair.

"Are you okay papa?" She questioned looking to Louis and noting his swollen lip.

"I'm okay." Louis nodded in confirmation, smiling at the new term.

Scarlet's lip trembled and both parents cooed at her. Louis and Harry both moved to wrap their arms around her and hush her and assure her everything was okay while trying not to wake Skylar up. The two month old merely squirmed a little then settled against Scarlet's stomach.

"I was scared." Scarlet whimpered, pushing her face into Harry's neck.

"I know bug... me too, but your dad is really brave and really strong - he'd never let anything hurt us." Harry said, kissing her hair while Louis rubbed her back.

"Let's get your and your sister back to bed." Louis commented after a few minutes of silence.

Scarlet let Louis take Skylar from her and place the young infant back in her crib, covering her with a blanket before turning and holding out his hand to her. She took his hand once Harry got up and she stood up. They walked down to her room and tucked her into bed.

"I'm afraid Sugar is going to have to stay in the garage tonight bug." Harry said once she was all tucked in.

"But why?" Scarlet pouted and then looked worriedly at the doorway.

"She's all wet from being outside." Louis answered, smoothing back her hair - she needs a trim he thinks briefly. "You want Oliver to come in here and sleep, I'm sure he would?"

"No... he likes sleeping with you and daddy." Scarlet shook her head as she looked over at him from the door.

"Alright then." Harry said, leaning over to kiss her forehead. "Goodnight bug."

"Night daddy." Scarlet replied then turned back to Louis so he could copy Harry's actions and words. "Night papa."

Harry switched off the light as they left the room and headed back to their own. It's just after four AM and they're both completely knackered. They stripped out of their wet clothes and pulled on dry boxers and sleep pants before climbing into bed after towel drying their hair.

"Are you okay babe?" Louis questioned once Harry was snuggled to his chest.

"I... I think I'm okay. You're okay. Sky and Scar are okay..." Harry replied, nuzzling into Louis' tone chest, hearing the steady thump of his heart. "Are you okay? Like... your lip."

"Yeah, I'm alright, it hurts a bit but I'll be okay." Louis responded, hugging Harry closer.

"Good." Harry murmured sleepily.

Louis pressed a light kiss to his curls and they whispered their I love you's before drifting back to sleep.

Well. Louis drifts back to sleep, Harry on the other hand can't sleep. All he can think about is how that prick broke into their home and was in their daughters room and was scaring both of the girls and was going to take Louis or Skylar away and how he attacked Louis outside. It's not too terrible long before the door to their room squeaked and Harry jerked his head up to see a shadow of a person in the doorway. A soft whimper hit his ears and the figure shuffled forward.