xv. the mighty zeus

"Why, bro?" Rogue sat on the ledge of a random building with Phantom who was currently balancing himself.

The girl rolled her eyes at his complaints and chuckled as she bit into her sandwich, "Don't be such a little bitch, man."

Phantom huffed and plopped himself down, "I just don't understand why you don't let me join your little superhero squad."

"Okay, first, it's not a squad. Never say that word again." The moon illuminated his freckles, "Second, you're definitely not trained enough."

"Yes, I am!"

"You sound like a child," Rowan singsonged, taking another bite of her turkey sandwich.

Every night when she went on her patrol, Phantom would meet her and they'd do it together. Black Canary met him, but she acted strange toward him. Usually, she would interrogate him and probably have Batman put the Holy Spirit into him, but all she did was talk to him privately and she was okay with it.

It was weird, to say the least.

Phantom huffed once more and pouted like a literal child, "I just want you to know that I'm better than you think."

Rogue chuckled, "What, you're going to do a dance number now?"

"See? You did it again!"

"What did I do again?"

Phantom beamed as he talked about his discovery, "Every time I try to talk to you about emotional stuff, you always just say a stupid comment to make me feel stupid!"

"That's stupid-" Rogue stopped herself and looked up to the stars, "By The Gods-"

"Don't curse them out."

Rogue's eyes fell to meet his, "You believe in The Gods?" She never thought to ask him about his beliefs, but was a little confused to find out his.

"Of course. Hermes is awesome!"

Her eyebrows furrowed even more. Out of all The Gods, he chose the speedster and messenger.

Rowan decided to get a laugh out of an argument, "I honestly hate Zeus."

His head swiveled to her, his eyes bulging, "What did you just say?"

"I. Hate. Zeus."

Phantom immediately stood up, his nostrils flaring as his face grew red. She never saw him get this angry about anything, "How dare you speak about The Mighty Zeus like that. You are just a mere mor-"

Rowan froze at his unfinished word, "What were you about to call me?"

"Nothing."

"No. No, don't say that. Why are you acting strange?"

"I am not."

Rowan pointed a finger at him, "Right there, you spoke formally. More formal than teenagers anyway."

Phantom rubbed his forehead, "You're acting crazy, Rogue. Maybe, you should get some sleep. I'll finish patrol."

Rogue shook her head with a scowl. Do you know how many times she's been called crazy by boys all her life? Too many to count.

"I'm not crazy. You know I'm not."

The boy sighed, "Go home, Rogue."

The brunette stood her spot, defying him. But, then she realized she wouldn't find any information right now; not while he was watching her.