iii. new alliances

Today was the day.

"Left!"

Rowan moved to her left as ice shot toward her. Canary ran to the man in the blue crown and quickly punched him in the gut, making him bend down.

The girl rushed towards him and jumped on him, swinging her legs around his neck. She squeezed his head, suffocating him. The blonde hit his arm, making him drop his gun.

"You excited?" Canary started the conversation as Rogue got thrown off Minister Blizzard.

The brunette huffed as she sat up, "I'm excited to get this buffoon out of here."

The tall villain scrunched up his face, "Who do you think you're talking about?"

Rogue stood up in a fighting stance, "Fuckin' you, Frozone."

With that, she rushed at him, faking a left, but going right and taking his arm, swinging him onto his back. Canary rolled her eyes at the young girl, "Looks like you're trying to hurry this up."

The blizzard man tried to stand up, but Rowan placed her foot on his chest, and looked into his eyes, "Play dead, dog." Finally, she kicked him in the face, successfully knocking him out.

With that, Rogue looked at Canary with a deadpanned stare, "Yes because I'm tired."

The blonde rolled her eyes as she tied Minister Blizzard up, "Or, maybe it's because you're excited about the new team."

"Stop playing therapist, Canary."

Dinah just shrugged, "Well, I'm always here if you need me."

Rowan immediately felt guilty for saying the comment. Dinah has always been there for her, but the girl felt overwhelmed about meeting everyone and her father got in her head.

The brunette gave her a small smile, "Thanks, Canary."

"Anytime, kid."

The duo walked to the front of The Hall of Justice. Green Arrow and Speedy were already there, but it seems as if it was just the four who made it this early.

"A little tacky for the name, isn't it?" Rowan announced the duo's presence as the archers looked toward them. Green Arrow immediately went to hug Canary.

Speedy walked to Rowan and did their handshake, "How've you been, Rogue?"

"Good. My team won thirty-seven to zero." He raised an eyebrow at that, "Football."

The redhead nodded, but then stopped, "Wait-wait, you're a Grackle?"

Rogue saluted to him, "Proud to be one." She paused for a moment, "I don't mean to brag, but I'm on Varsity."

"You're a Freshman."

"Exactly."

A voice sounded from behind them, "Hello, Speedy." They looked over to see a dark-skinned Atlantian. The redhead shook his hand as the white-haired dude looked at her, "I don't believe we've met yet."

Rowan shook her head with a smile, "No, we haven't. I'm Rogue, your new teammate."

"New teammate?" Rogue looked over to see a short, black-haired boy with an 'R' symbol over his heart. She didn't want to say anything, but he looked familiar to her.

Rowan felt a little agitated at him interrupting, but she didn't want to make a bad impression, "Yes." She put out her hand, "Rogue."

His smirk grew as he shook her hand, "Robin."