vi. martians

People like putting others in boxes. They say it's easier for everyone because it's not a stressor. You are who you are, get over it.

That's a lie.

See, people judge people on their appearance first. In 0.1 seconds of meeting someone, you are being judged by your trustworthiness and competence. Then after talking for a while, they judge you on your voice, opinions, and other criteria. People will find any flaw and use it against you. It could be from a deeply hidden insecurity or just because they're a bitch.

Eighty percent of the time, we are unable to determine personality traits based on appearance, and yet, we do it over and over again.

Rowan never lies to herself; she knows she's too quick to judge. But, she's been trained to. If they're strong based on their stance, or if they're shy based on their hand movements. But, it all comes down to one thing. Could Rowan kill them? 

Most of the time, she could. But, there's always one person she couldn't.

Kennedy Blake was the root of all Rowan's problems. 

If Kennedy couldn't hold her breath for three minutes without passing out; Rowan had to hold her breath for five.

If Kennedy couldn't take shooting a person in the head; Rowan had to cut off Kennedy's finger.

It was simple really, whenever her older sister was too much of a pansy, Rowan had to take her place. It was like her father knew that Kennedy wouldn't cut whatever he was planning, so Rowan had to.

Rowan had to make the cut.

Rogue didn't make a sound as she slowly woke back up. Her mind physically aching from the mind control. She didn't open her eyes, not until she realized she wasn't in immediate danger.

The girl slowly stood up, along with the other three.

Aqualad spoke first, "Guardian?"

"Go," Guardian replied, "I'll get Desmond."

"I think not." The monsters backed away, making an opening for everyone to see the evil scientist with a bitchy glare, "Project Blockbuster will give me the power to restore order to Cadmus." The man drank the blue liquid that was in his hand. Suddenly, his clothes ripped(Not in a good way) and he started to groan from all this grey shit growing out of his skin.

Rogue rolled her eyes, "Don't you just love it when evil scientists turn into ugly, bald monsters?" When she got no reply, she shrugged, "Tough crowd."

"Everyone, back." Guardian extended his arms, holding them back.

Rogue pushed his arm down. Who does he think he is? Rowan is a badass bitch, she doesn't need a man to try to protect her. That's some misogyny shit if she's ever seen it.

Guardian ran toward BlockBuster, but just got knocked into a wall. Rowan snorted, causing Robin to pinch her on the side, making the girl punch him in the shoulder.

Superboy ran at him, causing them to throw a series of punches, but ultimately led the bald monster into jumping through the ceiling with Superboy.

The four of them ran to the hole in the ceiling, "Okay, that's one way to bust through the ceiling." Robin and Rogue grappled up there, Robin carrying Kid and Rogue carrying Aqualad.