LXVI. 𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐬

۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓘𝓓𝓐◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER SIXTY SIX—
a boy and his painter horses

Austin perked his head up when he heard a branch snap, looking in the direction as he sighed in relief to see it had been Cyndie

Austin perked his head up when he heard a branch snap, looking in the direction as he sighed in relief to see it had been Cyndie. "I'd say you're right on time but I don't have a watch."

"Well, 'get here as soon as possible' seems too big to put in a clock anyways." she shook her head, following him as he started to walk. "Fill me in on the plan one more time, I missed half of what you said because of the static."

"Negans daughter has been staying with me, she's not safe with him. He threatened to kill me, so she went back with him as a deal to keep me alive." Austin explained as Cyndie walked by his side and looked around the dark woods for walkers. "I want to get her back. He's also got Daryl, you remember me telling you about Daryl. And Eugene, he's a great guy. I'm not sure if we can get all three at once, but i'm gonna try."

"And how exactly?" she questioned.

"I'm gonna hop the fence and coat up in walker blood. I'll blend in with the ones in the fence long enough to make it to the side of the building. There isn't anyone watching on that side, it's a small space but I can make it up to the first window to crawl in." the oldest Grimes explained to her as their boots snapped the leaves and twigs under them. "From there, i'm gonna sneak in and find Natalie. I'm gonna send her down to you and that's when you'll bring her back. In the mean time, i'm gonna look for Daryl and Eugene and we'll take the same path through the woods."

"And how exactly are we gonna get there?" Cyndie glanced over, seeing his guilty face. She paused and grabbed his arm harshly. "How exactly are are we gonna get there?"

"Okay, you're not gonna like this." he exhaled with a guilty look, Cyndie gave a look of disbelief. "I found us a ride."

"You found us a ride." she repeated. "But you said the saviors took all the cars."

"Mhm." he winced with a forceful smile. "Keep an open mind?"

"What did you do?" Cyndie crossed her arms.

"I called in a favor, that's all. A favor I don't really know that well." Austin admitted as she smacked him in the arm. "Ow."

"How could you call in a ride that you don't even know that well?" she stared at him in complete disbelief. "Have you learned nothing from strangers? I was trying to steal your clothes."

"But, we weren't strangers." he pointed out. "I already threatened him and plan on keeping a gun out so he'll know. He's the only option we have to get there before sunrise."

"Who ever is it?" she was still talking in disbelief, but at least she'd started to walk with him again.

"The saviors found his home too. He's from..." he stopped, Cyndie gave him the same look. "A Kingdom."