LXIII. 𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐞

۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ ✩◿𝓘𝓓𝓐◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER SIXTY THREE—
glad you didn't die.

۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗  ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓘𝓓𝓐◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER SIXTY THREE—glad you didn't die

"Where's my shirt at?" Austin realized it was missing, looking down at his bare torso.

"You didn't come with one." Cyndie said in return, stayed frozen at the door.

"I didn't come with one?" he glanced up with frowned eyebrows. "How'd I get here?"

"I dragged you." she shrugged.

"You dragged me?" his eyebrows shot up. "Through the woods?"

"And the beach." Cyndie nodded.

Austin looked down and realized he didn't feel or look like he was drug through woods and a beach. "Why am I clean?"

"I hosed you off." she shrugged again.

He gaped at her. "You hosed me off?"

"Why do you keep repeating me?" she removed her hands from his bag with a wild look in her eye.

"I'm just trying to understand what happened." Austin was trying, but it wasn't adding up. "I fell off a truck, into the ocean-"

"From the bridge, which is why you washed up on my beach." she explained her half of the story.

"Then you dragged me through the woods-" he began.

"The beach first." she nodded.

"Right, the beach first." he corrected himself. "And you hosed me off after dragging me all through the woods?"

"Sounds right." Cyndie confirmed as she pursed her lips. "I also went back for your bag."

"Right, couldn't leave that part out." Austin touched his forehead, realizing his bandana had been missing. His eyes widened just a little in panic, Cyndie pulled it from her pocket and handed it to him. "Thank you."

"How'd you even fall off a truck? Why were you at that bridge?" she sat down next to him now that he'd moved to the edge of the bed. "How are you even alive? How can you see anything without your glasses?"

"Only when things are up close, from a distance it's all a blur." he held his hand infront of his face and moved it closer and farther to indicate. "Haven't mistaken a human for a walker yet, though."

"Well, that's a plus." Cyndie cracked a half grin as he nodded his head in agreement. "Are you on your own?"

"No." he shook his head. "Big community, I was just walking around-"

"And standing on trucks." she added with a nod.

"Right, that too." he agreed with her. "Where are we at?"

"My community. But, they aren't allowed to know you're here." she gave him a warning look, walking to shut the window. "My grandmother is out right now and Rachel is busy all day, so you have to leave before long."