xxx. 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐆𝐮𝐦𝐩

After smearing walkers guts all over themselves, Carol and Austin made it to the gate

After smearing walkers guts all over themselves, Carol and Austin made it to the gate. His heart fell as he grabbed the wire, seeing his dad being drug by two men. But, alive, alive with Glenn, Carl, Michonne and so many others. Carol patted his arm, encouraging him to walk down the gate line with her as she pulled a gun from her bag, resting it on the gate. They looked to the large hurd that was heading toward the group, making the ones out front killing walkers run back.

"Here." Austin handed Carol his gun as he took the bomb from the bag, resting it on one of the gates.

"Watch your ears." she gave him a fair warning, shooting at the large tank as harsh smoke blew form it. Austin lit the bomb, the pair backing up and holding their ears as the bomb shot forward, exploding the tank as fire and smoke flooded the area.

"That was freaking awesome." Austin grinned. He accidentally talked loud from how his hands were clasped over his ears as Carol shhed him. They made it in line with the walkers again, still covered in guts as they walked with them. Carol pulled Austin to the side some when a man near the gate started to shoot the walkers, yanking her gun out and firing herself. Austin got the few walkers that turned back their way, shooting them before they could get to Carol.

"Go, i'll cover you." Austin nodded, letting Carol escape into the door as he shot the man firing his way. Austin ran through the walkers, not enough to swarm him. He pushed through the thin sheet covering room.

His heart fell, entire body feeling as though a massive weight was lifted. "Dad!"

Rick looked his way, in the process of talking to Glenn, Daryl, and Bob. Like Austin, he froze and felt numb. "Oh, son."

Austin ran into his arms as he hugged him tightly. He wanted to cry, to just cry into his dads arms as he held him. But, he didn't, he couldn't right now. "I thought I lost you."

"Nu-Uh." Rick held the back of his head. "We're okay. Me, Carl, Michonne. But, Ju-"

"I've got Judith." Austin nodded as he saw Rick blink, his face fell. "She's safe, with Tyrese."

Rick hugged him again, holding him tightly. "I love you, son."

Just like that, he no longer though his oldest and younger were dead.

"I'm so sorry, man." Austin hugged Daryl. "I didn't mean to leave you behind."

"Yeah, you were running." he patted his back harshly. "Looked like Forest Gump."

"Is she here? Beth?" Austin pulled back with hopefully eyes.

Daryl shook his head. "Didn't see her."

"What happened to Beth?" Glenn hugged Austin tightly as he held onto him. "I'm so glad you're alive."

"Same, dude." Austin laughed as he held onto him tightly. "Still gotta beat you at gold fish."

"Was that a bomb?" Rick got Austin's attention.