xlvi. 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬

"Get off of me! Get off of me!" after what happened the night prior, Austin had scared Carl so bad he had to go to Rick

"Get off of me! Get off of me!" after what happened the night prior, Austin had scared Carl so bad he had to go to Rick. It was a hard decision, especially knowing Austin was gonna resent him for it, but it had to be done. It was easy at first, bringing up the sedative talk so he could get some sleep, but he denied it. That's when it had to get bad.

"Austin, you have to sleep, son. You're hallucinating." Rick tried as multiple group members, including himself, had to hold him down.

"Let me go! Let me go!" he had been a lot strong now then the last time anyone had to hold him down, which was back at the very first camp when his foot got trapped in a bear trap and Daryl had to break him free. "I dont need it."

"Hey, hey!" Glenn yelled as he grabbed Austin's face when Abraham got a good hold on his right arm. "No one's gonna hurt you, okay? You need this, Austin. You gotta trust me."

"Let me go!" he cried out, weakening as he yanked his arms. "Let me go."

"Real fast." Pete spoke as he stuck Austin with a little needle. "It's a low dose but it'll get him some sleep for the time he needs."

"Thanks you." Rick nodded as Austin weakened enough for be let go, he held a hand to his forehead. "I'm sorry."

His eyes were getting heavier as he was drifting. "Let me go."

A full day went by before Austin woke. When he opened his eyes, he could feel a difference. He wasn't dizzy, he wasn't light headed, he didn't feel so sick. He thought about Beth, looking to the side, almost expecting to see her. Only, he was face to face with the younger girl he got in an argument the first day he got here.

"You slept literally an entire day." she sighed, standing up and walking toward the sink. "Pete hates your dad so Deanna thinks I should be the one to wake you."

Austin was quiet, his eyes adjusting to the light as he inhaled. "A full day?"

"Yup." she handed him a glass of water and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. When he saw it, a small sigh left his lips. He remembered when they were all separated, and when he saw Peanut Butter and Jelly at the funeral home, with Beth and Daryl, he'd been so happy. "What?"

"Nothing." he slowly sat up. "Just a memory."

"Hate those." she handed it to him with a huff. "So, can you take it from here or do I need to carry you out?"

"I don't know your name." he hummed before taking a bite.

"Enid." she said in return, getting a hum. "You really freaked everyone out, you know?"

He shrugged. "Sorry?"

"Someone die?" she asked, getting a glare. "I got pissed off at the world when someone close to me died."

"My girlfriend." he exhaled, nodding her way. "You?"

"My parents." she blinked.

"The world sucks." Austin stood up for the first time with a little wobble. "Sorry about your parents."