LVII. 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐧

۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ ✩◿𝓘𝓓𝓐◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN—
right hand man.

trigger warning: i know you all watched TWD and know what's coming this chapter, but i wanted to warn you guys anyways because i personally dug really deep writing this one and put myself into a headspace i didn't enjoy in order to really grasp on...

trigger warning: i know you all watched TWD and know what's coming this chapter, but i wanted to warn you guys anyways because i personally dug really deep writing this one and put myself into a headspace i didn't enjoy in order to really grasp onto austin's inner thoughts. read with caution, don't be afraid to take little breaks because i had to. my fault for putting myself into my oc's too much, but still, if you're similar to me, go easy on yourself.

There wasn't much about an apocalypse that was considered a good thing. Austin knew that, he mostly hated everything about the new world. But, as society fell and everyone began to focus more on surviving, they didn't have time to judge masculinity. Before, he'd probably have never held Glenns hand as much as he did or occasionally sleep in the same bed. The world would have went into a panic mode at the sight, and it sucked he cared, but he did. But now? In this world? He got to hold his best friends hand if he damn well pleased.

And that's exactly what he did.

"All right! We've got a full boat." Simon smiled at the two groups of people that made up as one, lined up together like a rope. "Let's meet the man?"

Simon leaned back and knocked on the side of the camper. They were still human, their eye sight all shifted over as the doors opened up and a man in leather stepped out with the most shit eating grin across his face. Austin would have given anything to rip every single one of his teeth out. "Pissing our pants yet?"

As he ventured into the headlights, a baseball bat over his shoulder with barbwire around it came into view. "Boy, do I have a feeling we're getting close."

He had Luke and Levi's eyes, but Natalie's smile. That was him. That was Negan, the kids father. "It's gonna be pee-pee pants city here real soon."

Austin held his gaze when his eyes locked with his a moment, looking down the curving line. "Which one of you pricks are the leader?"

"It's this one." Simon pointed a finger to the back of Ricks head. "He's the guy."

Negan smiled down at Rick with a sigh. "Hi. You're Rick, right? I'm Negan. And I do not appreciate you killing my men, and stealing my kids."

Glenns hand squeezed Austin's tightly in a way of warning him to stay quiet, not to be the hero and save his Dad just yet.

"Also, when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people, you killed more of my people." Negan explained like he'd been telling a fairy tale, a good story to a child. "Not cool. Not cool. You have no idea how not cool that shit is. But I think you're gonna be up to speed shortly. Yeah. You are so gonna regret crossing me in a few minutes."