The bystanders could not help but peek from the corner of their eyes from their crouched position to catch a glimpse of the man with the dragon's crest; who walked past them without acknowledgment.

It was a rare occurrence to lay eyes on the Emperor.

 The very man who held extreme power and ruled their nation with an iron fist. 

He was relentless, and everyone knew one wrong move would be over within a flash. 

They did not want to risk it; as a result, the commoners were still like a rock, holding their breath in uneasiness.

The group of individuals walked down the busy streets, ignoring those around them that did not hold any importance to their mission. 

The peasants around them were mere ants that had only one purpose in their miserable lives and that was to serve them, royalty. 

The group was occupied with other matters that were far more important than those beneath them, groveling without any dignity.

The Emperor had this presence about him that made people bow in fear, knowing that anything can result in their demise. 

This thought made the Emperor tremble in excitement from how much authority he had over the people he ruled, watching them from afar. 

He loved the fear that appeared on their faces. 

He was addicted and he could never get enough of the high he felt seeing them cower.

The Emperor's Advisor was beside him, walking in sync while the others followed from behind.

 The Advisor watched his majesty from the corner of his eye in concern.

 He read his lord's body language and it did not sit well with him. 

He wondered if his majesty would ever learn that there are more ways to gain approval from his subjects than tasteless fear. 

The Advisor knew it was a defense mechanism that would be hard to unlearn because his majesty has fear himself. 

He is just too dumb to realize it.

The unordinary group had arrived at an inn that was stationed at the far end of the street that they were walking on. 

The Inn looked more well-kept than the other building's surrounding it.

 It was three stories tall, lanterns illuminating its structure, and had a balcony overlooking the scenery below. 

It looked very cozy, welcoming tired travelers after a long journey.

The Emperor motioned for two guards to follow him in along with the Advisor with a flick of his wrist. 

The others would take turns guarding the surrounding area. 

You never know when trouble might brew since they're in the Outer Ring and not in the safety of their own homes. 

This place is drenched in mischievous deeds, wanting to tarnish anyone who steps foot in its borders.

The small group entered the inn in hopes to get a good night's sleep in the comfort of an actual bed instead of a pile of leaves.

 When they entered the fine establishment they were not expecting it to be busy. 

It must have been a hot spot for all the locals to gamble and drink their lives away. 

The people around them immediately stopped what they were doing, sensing the aura coming from the entrance.

 They wondered what the sinister aura could be coming from that made them tremble in fear.