Wingmen: Part II

Media (NOT MINE): Stranger Things 4 little Byler (Mike/Will) clips w no spoilers, the second half is basically how the later "cool" "cool" thing is supposed to sound

Following my hc that Raph and April are demisexual, Casey probably bi, Donnie I'm saying unlabeled ace, just haven't figured out his romantic orientation yet. Enjoy <3

The first thing both brothers notice as soon as April and Casey walk into the lair the following night is that they're both on edge—not in trouble, not in danger, just fidgety and awkward and it's driving Donatello mad.

"So," he starts the second he and April are out of earshot from the rest, "what's going on with you and Casey?"

April gives him a soft, almost sorrowful look before heaving a sigh, and Donnie's almost sorry he asked.

"Casey confessed to me last night."

She doesn't sound happy about it at all, and it's the only thing holding Donnie's heart together right now.

"The way you're putting it, it sounds like a bad thing."

April nods, leaning her head against his shoulder when they're both sitting, and Donnie has to try not to leap out of his shell.

"I just—I don't know him like that."

Donnie cocks his head to the side.

"Like what?"

April sighs again, this time in frustration—though it doesn't seem to be aimed at Donnie.

"I—I think it's just that Casey and I aren't as close as you and I are," April explains, and Donnie's trying his best to wrap his brain around it. Still, she looks up at him, and the turtle looks down to meet her eyes and he feels his heart skip a beat.

"Does that make sense?"

"Not to me," he admits, taking a moment to think beforehand. "I think Raph would get it, though."

April hums in thought, then they both sit in a comfortable silence for a moment.

"Speaking of Raph," she says again, picking her head up from Donnie's shoulders, causing him to shudder from the lack of heat, "I don't think Casey's all that into me."

Donnie thinks that makes even less sense than her previous statement.

"After he confessed," she continues, "Raph came up in the conversation after, well, trying to sit with the awkward tension, and he mentioned he has similar feelings for Raph."

The turtle can only hope that his brother's conversation is going equally as well.

"Only thing is that he swears on his life that he's not into guys."

Donnie bursts into laughter at that, and the serious moment is ruined, especially as April laughs along with him.

"I mean it!" she exclaims, the pair calming down from their laughter. "He said that he's thought about holding his hand, keeping him close, mushy stuff like that—and when he was describing his ideal first date, it was basically what he and Raph did when they first hung out."

"He tried to claim that's not romantic attraction?"

"That's what I said!" April shouts excitedly, and Donnie doesn't think he'll ever get tired of seeing her eyes light up like that. "I know he likes me, I just—I don't feel the same for him. Besides, I think Raph would be a better option for him anyhow."

Donnie grins, staring at the wall in thought while April rests her head against his shoulder against him again.

"You have no idea."