Chapter 16

ARGH I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

I flopped face down onto my bed for the second time in an hour as I relayed the events of last night in my brain.

I nearly kissed Nathan.

I nearly kissed Nathan, my best friend.

Shit.

Looking at the time I realised that Helen would be back any minute. Rushing downstairs I threw empty wine bottles and beer cans in a black bag and managed to throw them outside into the black bin as Helen's car came up the drive. She parked the car and came rushing out to me.

'Laura! Oh I've missed you! We gave each other a big hug like we hadn't seen each other for a week. I helped her bring her overnight bag, well bags (the woman packed enough for a bloody week I swear) as we went inside the house.

She went to unpack as I put the kettle on and made her a drink, she came back downstairs as I was about to bring take them into the living room.

'So, how was it?' We sat next to each other on the sofa and I brought my legs up onto the seat, taking a sip of my drink.

'Oh it was lovely, the place was really posh! We had a three course meal with wine from some fancy place somewhere in France, the room was decorated lovely. It was posh but not too snobby so that you feel like you have to act like the Queen you know? We ordered room service and watched a film. Oh Laura it was perfect' She gushed.

'So, is he the one?'

'I think he is' Helen blushed and we squealed like teenagers. 'So, what did you do whilst I was away?'

'Oh you know, I had The Wanted lads and the two girls round which is why my bean bags down here'

'Oh yeah? Did you have fun?' Oh crap.

'Hmm, yeah... It was okay' I mumbled, looking anywhere except for my auntie.

'Laura, what are you hiding?'

I suddenly took a large interest in the pattern on my mug.

'Laura Jones, tell me what happened!' She ordered, gosh my auntie can be pushy when she wants to be.

'Last night, I kind of... maybe... nearlykissednathan'

'You nearly did what now?'

'Kissed Nathan'

'What?!' She put her mug on the coffee table and slid closer to me.

'How, when, why?'

'I don't know! Last night in the kitchen, argh I don't know what happened! One minute I was getting glasses, the next I was nearly locking lips with my best friend'

'What happened after?'

'We rejoined the others and acted as if nothing happened' Helen ran her hand through her hair as she tried to grasp what had happened.

'I've done that enough times this morning, don't you start' I told her, putting my mug down on the table too.

'Do you know why you did it? She asked me.

'No, but I didn't want to pull away if you get what I mean?' She nodded.

'So you wanted to do it?'

'I don't know. I mean he's my best friend, I can't like my best friend can I?'

'Why not?'

Ah shit.

-----------------

NATHANS P.O.V

My Heart Vacancyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें