Chapter 18

It was the Friday before we were due to leave on the Monday and Ava and I were packing up the things on our desk as we were taking them over to the US with us.

'Shall we go out tonight?' I asked her as we put on our coats.

'Pisshead' She joked. 'Why not, it can be our last night out in the UK then we have to go out in LA.'

'Of course' We were about to pick up the boxes from our desks when Amy called us into her office.

'Take a seat girls' She said to us. 'How excited are you for Monday?' Ava and I grinned at each other as Amy carried on.

'Now, you will be setting up interviews which you will be recording I hope so I have a little present for you' Now this sounded interesting. 'I'm not sure if the others have these but you work under me so I'm allowed to give them to you' She grinned as she put two medium sized boxes on the desk, one in front of each of us. At the same time we took off the beautiful metallic blue wrapping paper and opened the box. Inside there was a Toshiba camcorder and an Olympus digital voice recorder.

'Oh my gosh!' I breathed as I took in what was lying in the box.

'Amy! Were you allowed to do this?' Ava asked as I took the camcorder out of the box and looked over it and all of the functions.

'I'm your boss, of course I am' She smiled. 'Ooh heres the cases for both of them and you already have earphones don't you? They use standard iPhone jacks' She handed over the cases to us too.

'I don't know how to thank you for this' I told her as I put the box on the table.

'Its no problem, you need to be kitted up for your first mahoosive project. I've been told that you can use your own cameras for photos if you like'

I had recently brought a DSLR camera which I was VERY excited to use!

'Well girls you can get off now if you like, good luck and tell me when you're at the airport on Monday okay?'

'We will' Ava and I said in unison. We put our gifts safely in our bags, got our belongings and left the building for the last time in six months.

-

'To us!' I shouted to Ava over the sound of the music, we clinked glasses and took a sip of our drinks.

'Are you out to pull tonight or not?' Ava asked me.

'Hadn't thought about it, why?'

'Don't make it obvious but there is a really hot guy is eyeing you up in the middle booth. He's the one in the dark blue shirt' I decided to take a sly look around and glance at him as I went past. The only problem was, he was looking at me as I did, meaning our eyes locked. I gave him a small smile as I looked at the other friend he was with. They were both gorgeous but the one in the blue shirt was phenomenal.

'His friend isn't that bad either, shall we go over?' I told her.

'I know, his friend's gorgeous too. We will once we've popped to the loo' We picked up our drinks and hurried to the toilet so we could have a final touch up of make up. We walked into the deserted room and stood at the long mirror which showed off my outfit. Tonight I decided to wear a cut out bandage bodycon dress in a berry, almost purple, colour and black peeptoe heels. Opening my black clutch I put a little powder on my face, some more mascara and finally some dark lipstick which matched my dress. We took a picture before going back out into the club.

We walked into the room to find that the guys were not sitting in their booth but in the seats at the bar where Ava and I were sat minutes before. We looked at each other as we saw where they were.