Chapter 12

'So Laura, we've been reviewing your progress within Nova and now that you've graduated from college we would like to offer you a full time position as one of our reporters. You'll basically be doing the same job as you are doing now but five days a week'

I looked at the people behind the desk, taking in what Amy had just told me. A full time reporter at Nova, me?

'I'll do it, I accept' I told them, smiles instantly filled their faces as I shook the hands of all of the senior team members as Amy presented me with my full time ID card.

I said my thanks again before exiting the conference room. I swapped my white, part time card over to my black full time one whilst I was waiting for the lift to come up, I entered the lift and decided to text my Mom and Nathan.

'Guess whose a full time Nova editor! Xx'

I instantly got a text from Mom congratulating me from her and my Dad but Nathan hadn't replied yet as he was probably working. Or sleeping.

'Hey Laur!' Matt said as I walked up to his desk, I had a great smile on my face so he could tell something was up.

'Wait... your ID card is black.' He looked at his own card then looked back at me. 'You work full time now!'

I nodded before running to him and getting embraced into a hug.

'Oh my gosh, we need to celebrate this! Out for a meal and a drink tonight! Invite Ava and Amy! Ooh this is so exciting! Give me the lowdown of what went on' So I explained to him what they said, Matt looked fit to burst with pride.

'Laura I'm so happy for you! God knows you needed something to pick you up after these past few months' I gave him one last hug before going back to my own department.

'Congratulations! I've just been told!' Ava rushed up to me and hugged me. 'I've had the email from Matt, I'm there!'

-

Ava, Matt and I walked into a fancy restaurant and we were seated in a booth in the corner of the restaurant, we ordered our food and the good looking waiter gave me an extra look as he walked off.

'Did you see that? He totally gave you the eye!' Ava whispered as he walked away.

'Don't even think about it Ava' I gave her a look.

'Why not?' She wined at me.

'You know why' He came over at that point, I gave him a small smile as he set down our glasses and started pouring white wine into our glasses.

'So... Sam. Are you si-' Ava didn't get any further as I kicked her under the table. He gave a nervous laugh before walking off.

'You will not be asking him out for me' I said to her. She didn't argue with me this time. I excused myself from the table and went to the bathroom before our food came.

I sat back down as the food came out and over to our table and Sam gave me another look.

'Before we start, I have an announcement.' Matt told us. 'Sean and I are engaged!'

'Oh my gosh!' Ava and I said at the same time.

'I propose a toast. To Laura for becoming one of us and Matt becoming engaged. To a new beginning'

'To a new beginning' I smiled. We dug into our food and chatted about menial things. Looking at the people that were sitting next to me, sharing my laughs I realised that my life was finally amazing. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and looked to see I had a message from Nathan:

'CONGRATULATIONS! This causes for a reason to celebrate! I think its time to go on the lash again ;-)'

I typed out a reply: