24. Making New Friends

"Damn.. the palace is at the top of the hills you say?!", Jungkook asks looking at the hills before him.

"The Bright Hills... The hills are called Bright Hills..", The coachman answers.

"So, do you know why they are called 'bright'?", Jungkook asks.

"We belong to the lower class, my lord... The naming of a place are not really given afrer discussing with us... not that we wish to take any part in this.. naming a place doesn't provide us food, work does. If you ask me really, I don't care if a place is called 'A' or 'B', as long as I know the path there and there's a road for my carriage and anybody willing to pay me penny to get there.. I am quite fine with it..", The coachman replies, " But I must say here.. By the look of your clothes.. you look like someone from the master class.. but yet you clearly don't behave like one... I have never carried a noble who talks this much with me willingly... and also let me talk as well... I personally happen to be a bit talkative myself... but I have to control myself when I am at work.. My wife says that one day I will end up offending a noble or a royal with my mouth.. and that will cost me everything...", He trails of thinking of his wife's warning, " I didn't offend you right Sir??"

"It's fine.. I am not offended..", Jungkook smiles, "To be honest.. I am new to all of this.. I am trying to get a hang of things happening in my life right now.. it's a bit chaotic at this point you know.."

"I understand sir.. Life treats us like this sometimes.. you'll find a way to deal with it", The coachman says, "And we are here sir.. The carriage can not climb the hills.. You have to go on foot from now on.. Just follow this route... It will take you to the palace.."

"What! Carriage can't go anymore? How do the people from the palace come and go then?", Jungkook asks curiously.

"Well.. people who work there travel on feet and the people who live there travel on horse... It's only the palace though that is on the hill.. the entire city of Bright Hills resides at the bottom.. So, it's not of a problem for commoners you know..", the coachman says helping Jungkook with his luggage, which is not really much.

"If you don't mind.. Can I ask your name? I mean I really enjoy the ride here with you.. you really helped with the boredom of the journey.. I feel it's rude if I don't at least ask for your name..", Jungkook says.

"Why are you explaining so much sir? Please.. I am not really.. habituated with this.. my name is Hyun-seok..", Hyun-seok says bowing his head as far as he could.

"How much do I owe you here Hyun-seok?", Jungkook asks taking out his money pouch.

"You ride here was prepaid sir.. Enjoy your journey up top..", Hyun-seok says before leaving hurriedly.

.

.

"Prepaid? Probably Soyeon had paid him beforehand for me..", Jungkook gives out a warm smile before walking up on narrow route that Hyun-seok had shown before.

___________________________________________

"You are crazy Taehyungahh!! You can't just call for a meeting and cancel this wedding!", The man tries to reason with him again.

"Of course I can hyung! I am the king here!"

"NO YOU ARE NOT! Not yet! At least not until you coronation... Don't make things touch for you than it already is brother!", The man says.

"If I wait for the coronation it will be too late hyung! I can't let you do this! This.. this isn't right!! This isn't fare!!", He protests.

"Nothing in the politics is Fare!! We as nobles, have to deal with it.. we have to accept it for our good or we all will be scattered like glass pieces...", The man says in determination.