IT'S TOO BRIGHT

"I can walk to the door, I don't need to be escorted with a wheelchair."

It is time for Rose to be discharged. She is not having a good morning. She had asked Aries to inform the family to stay at her house. She has to stop there anyways. Katie said she wouldn't bug Rose about her love life but did it anyways. She's a sweet girl who just talks too much.

Aries is amused by the situation. It's not every day your cousin gets out of the hospital and sees the way her drugged-up ass responds to the medication.

She was patting his face to get him to stop wheeling her towards the door but he wasn't about to stop. He bites his lip suppressing a laugh as he brings her to the car.

"Ariesssssss, let me gooooo," she whines pathetically.

"Come on you big baby we have to go back to your place. Can you stand on your own?"

She gives him an unimpressed look. She clicks her tongue using her weight to push herself into a standing position. "Of course, I can."

He raises a brow at her not done with the teasing. "Great, now take a step."

She did as he said but immediately lost all function in her legs. Aries catches her with ease laughing loudly. Rose scowls looking at the pavement.

"What were you saying about being able to walk yourself?"

She glared harshly at him. "Shut your trap and help me."

"Oo, so bossy."

"I will kick your ass."

"Not with the position you're in." He helps her into the passenger seat of his car. She slaps his hand away when he tries to help her get comfortable. He raises his hands in surrender taking a step back. When she's set he moves to the driving side. "Remus is going to love you."

She pouts looking out the window. "I look weak as fuck."

He leans over slightly pulling her head to his shoulder. "You are not weak. You are the strongest person I know. You survived what you did without having to use your Phoenix abilities. If you weren't already aware of how things would play out you'd be dead. Anyone that isn't you would have died in there."

She sniffles, "Greggo got hurt. I caused that."

Aries his head wags side to side rapidly. "No, no don't think like that. Rosie, you saved him, and trust me he's thankful for it."

"Then why hasn't he tried talking to me since then? He could have come into the room before you left yesterday but he didn't. He could have been there when I was discharged this morning but he wasn't there either."

The effects of the drugs are wearing off but she has to blame them a little for making her act like an obsessed high school girl.

Her amber eyes were dull looking at the pattern of the floor mats. Her raven hair was tied loosely to the side draping over the front of her shoulder. She doesn't try to move much already feeling the pain settles in.

"He cares, Rose, but remember he's not used to this. This is his first personalized traumatic event in the workplace. He's not like us."

"I know," she sighs sadly, "I miss him."

He smiles over at her, "I know, love."

About fifteen minutes later they arrive at her humble abode. The sun irritates her eyes long enough that she puts on her sunglasses before stepping out of the car.

He helps her to the front door. When they open the door Rose turns off the security alarm. As she spins around many people exclaim, "welcome home!" She falls into the wall with a small smile holding back a groan of displeasure.

She looks up as Aries grins wildly. "You going to take those off," referring to the sunglasses.

She waves a carefree hand at him. "It's still too bright." Aries pulls her sunglasses off her face making her hiss with a squint. "You're an ass."

"You love me, bitch."

"Not at the moment I don't."

He steps off to the side next to his father where he holds out a beer for him. He takes it with a small raise as a thank you.

Harry's smile falters when he sees her freeze in her spot. Her eyes are frozen at the two adult figures standing directly in the center of the room.

"Um, let's give them the room. Teddy, you too." Teddy leaves Tonks's arms following Harry into the backyard with the others.

Tonks takes a hesitant step inching her way to Rose. Her eyes are filled with worry and pain, Tonks can read that much. She withholds her tears showing no emotion. Tonks cups one cheek softly making Rose smile. She leans into her hand closing her eyes.

Remus comes up from behind Tonks making Rose open her eyes. Their twin eyes stare back at each other holding a variety of emotions.

He chokes on his words as he embraces her loosely wrapping each arm individually around her back. Tonks joins in being held by the waist by Rose. They loosen their holds trying not to hurt her more than she already is. Tonks weeps in her arms. Rose's lips tremble to hold back the emotions breaking the surface. Remus runs his hand through her hair pulling her head into his shoulder.

"My beautiful daughter."

She melts into their arms. The oxytocin kicks in and makes her feel warm and fuzzy inside. She's wrapped in a love blanket she hasn't felt in such a long time. Affectionate, friendly, loving, and warm are just a couple of ways to explain the hug.

"I missed you both so much."

"Oh Rose, we thought you were dead."

Her father gives her a warm hug and says hello after all this time. At the time he still doesn't know what all happened to her. He gives her sympathy: comforting, reassuring, sympathetic. After such a hard day, a hard couple of days, a hard week, and a hard life, it is nice to get a sympathetic hug.

"It's not that as to get rid of me."

"Not the time to joke Rose."

"It wasn't my intention mum."

A string of feet shuffling through the front door makes the three of them back off. They swipe at their cheeks brushing away their shed tears. Tonks kisses her cheek making her smile widen.

Although she is shocked beyond belief when she peers at who walked through the door. "Oh dear, it's so lovely to see you up and well."

"I- uh- what are you doing here?"

The older woman hun setting down some bags. "Oh, we've been here the last few days. Harry let us use the floo and we came out right away. Such urgency in his voice... so upset. We came as soon as we could."

The man next to her slides past his wife pulling Rose into a gentle hug and catching her by surprise. "Glad to see you walking Rosie!"

"Um, thank you. You guys aren't staying here no?"

"No, of course not! Harry, the sweetheart he is offered us to stay at his home while you heal. We'll be here every day to ensure you're recovering smoothly."

She pinches her lips close for a minute looking at the chaos of people around her. At last, she slaps her thighs rolling her eyes in exasperation, giving up on the stress Aries and Harry are putting on her.

"Welcome to America Arthur and Molly."