DRINKS AND CONFESSIONS

She drove herself to the little pub. The team including Greg was already there when she arrived. To her dismay, Harry, Sirius, Aries, and Ginny were sitting at the bar holding onto drinks of their own. She assumes that Teddy is watching the kids while they're away for the night.

Nick is currently going on about the upcoming football season. The country boy within him is jumping for joy ready to watch some Sunday night football in upcoming September. Greg even promised to watch at least a single game with him.

Brody talks about her future vacation trying to set a date with the girls. Rosemund never identified herself as one of the girls. Due to how she grew up she was constantly competing in an all man's world. She missed the days Aries and herself would scrimmage against each other's teams at Quidditch. Although after her fifth year she chose to quit. It didn't feel fun anymore.

Instead Rose chose to do the next best thing. Become the Hogwarts Chess Champion by vanquishing the almighty Ronald Bilius Weasley of his title in 1995 and then again in 1996. Although it was quite easy as she has beat him once before at the title. It was during her second year when they went beneath the castle to retrieve the Philosopher's Stone. That was the year 1991.

Hodges is explaining Italian... things to those who would listen. In all honesty, not many people were.

Greg is pitching in on what everyone was talking about. Though he makes a valiant effort to avoid talking to Rose.

Aries and Sirius are speaking amongst themselves involving a quality of different topics. Some include his work, Sirius' plan for the future, and the enjoyment of having the Potter family in Vegas with them. Harry took his time to listen to the duo and add in anything he thought necessary.

"Are you okay?" Ginny leans over to her. Her voice was soft, filled with sympathy.

"I'm okay, Gin. I'm going to get another beer and dance. Wanna come?"

With great satisfaction, Ginny accommodates. Taking a stand Ginny heads to the other end of the bar. Grabbing her new drink Rose follows after her. The two dance to the music singing loudly to the lyrics of I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.

D.B watches from afar feeling worried for his subordinate. He's noticed a change in her but never said anything. He catches Aries's eye and the two share a look. Though the two must admit they're happy to see her energetic and smiling.

At the other end Greg and Nick at talking. The others had managed their way to the dance floor with the girls.

"I'm telling you something bigger is going on."

"She's not going to tell you with your begging and pleading."

Greg rolls his eyes at his friend. "You can't tell me you haven't been the slight bit curious as to what she's hiding."

Nick takes a swig of his beer. "Of course I am, but do you remember when Rose first started here? She was jumpy all the time, she didn't trust or talk to anyone unless she needed to, and she isolated herself in her lab all the time."

"Yeah but we were all like that at one point."

"No," Nick opposes, "not like her. She was constantly checking over her shoulder. It wasn't until we tried helping her socialize that she opened up a back."

"It's been nearly thirteen years!"

Nick raises a brow at the guy. "You have to know what the signs she gave pointed to."

The conversation starts to piss him off. Greg looks down at his beer thinking about what he said. Her behavior when they first met indicated abuse. She didn't like physical contact back then, even when Aries visited her at the lab. They kept a good distance between them but still held a conversation.

"She told me about her parents. They weren't like that and I highly doubt Sirius was like that too. She's close to a few people back in England so it doesn't correlate to them."

Nick smirks. "You've been watching her a lot."

"You haven't?"

"No, not really. Then again I'm not the one who has it bad for her." There is nothing subtle about the statement.

Greg nearly choked on his beer. "Excuse me?"

He laughs wholeheartedly. "You're too obvious, man. You like her. You always want to be around her and talk to her. You smile like crazy when you get paired up on a case."

"Yeah well, I know something you don't know." Greg doesn't catch on and stares at him with a puzzled expression. "If you like her so much why don't you respect her space?"

"She's in pain and I know you see it too."

He shrugs his shoulders sinking into his chair. "Look, I know she mentioned a war during her school days. Whether she meant literally or figuratively we don't know. I guess it has something to do with it. If she's so sensitive in talking about school, let alone her friends, who knows how bad it got over there? Trauma affects people differently, dude."

"I know, I know. I just wish she sees that we're here."

"I'm sure she does. She's scared of something and whatever it is is strong enough to hold her back from speaking out. Aries knows what it is but we all know he won't break her trust by telling us."

Greg looked to the dance floor seeing her and Ginny dancing with one another. Brody, Finley, and Sidle are grinding up against each other laughing harder than he's ever seen them. Although the two groups are separate he's glad to see them all happy.

His eyes train on one girl in particular. Stunning straight black hair and amber eyes that could warm your heart. Tattoos that make you admire her strength and bravery have something permanent on your body. Her generous personality and adorable giggles when she's in high spirits. The sarcasm and humor that drips from her lips at every inconvenience.

Greg Sanders is falling hard for Rosemund Lupin, but he doesn't know that she's falling harder.

She bounces between exhilaration, euphoria, and increased energy when she's in his presence. She gets sleepless at night thinking about him. Having a  trembling, racing heart, and accelerated breathing at the smallest things he says. As well as anxiety, panic and feelings of despair when their relationship suffers even the smallest setback.

Even now she's concerned she's lost the one she's grown to like very much. Rose wouldn't like to call it love but she knows she has intense feelings for the messy-haired brunette. His deep sea blue eyes somehow light the night skies. His bright smile makes her heart flutter over and over again.