DARK ROOM

"This is idiotic."

The night had passed as well did the night. It is the following night and the team is back to work. A radio call came in about a dead body in an old mansion not far from the lab. Greg and Rose were sent to investigate.

"Nobody is here yet?" She asked herself out loud.

They take their flashlights heading into the place. Rose's side eyes Greg coming to the same conclusion. Withdrawing their weapons they search the place looking for anyone or anything.

Keeping her wolfish senses alive she dives into the upper level of the house. Looking into each room she comes to a large archway. She watches where her feet land slowly pacing forward.

An intriguing sight makes her stop curving her head to the side. "Sanders!"

When he doesn't respond she continues her work. She finds scattered blood drops in the center of the floor, and scuff marks from kicking feet not too far.

Something about the scene makes her on edge. Something about it feels familiar. In her spot, she shines her light around the room. On a wall on the opposing wall is a lot of blood nearly dried on the wall.

She walks up to it running her hand along the side and looking at the pattern. Her eyes open wide. "No..."

Darting to the left she walks a couple of feet down the corridor until she stops. To one side she finds a metal cage-like door. Her heart accelerates as she opens the hatch.

Walking down the narrowly steep steps she investigates the lower room. Though it's not quite a room, is it? No, it appears like a dungeon with concrete floors.

"No, no, no!"

She runs up the stairs to the other end of the hall running down the staircase. "Greg!" Looking around frantically she can't find him.

She has one room left to look into. She kicks the door finding an unconscious Greg Sanders on the floor, blood seeping from his head.

"Shit, Greg!"

She kneels feeling for a pulse. She chokes out a "thank Merlin" pressing a cloth from her kit onto his head. Rose isn't able to attend to him long. She holds his head in her hands about to call for backup but as soon as she reaches for her phone she is hit over the head.

Despite her best efforts to stay conscious the darkness begs her to sleep. She blinks a couple of times as her vision blurs. A silhouette standing above her as she fights to stay awake.

Her body slowly gives out. The last thing she says is, "whoever you are... I will — I will kill you."

A hand to her mouth silences her. A prick in her neck makes her groan.

Lights out.

• • •

At the lab, Aries walks into D.B.'s office fiddling with Rose's motorcycle keys. Russell looks up from the papers on his desk. "Aries, I wasn't expecting you to come here."

"Honestly I didn't want to come in. Have you heard from Rose lately?"

He puffs out his lip shaking his head. "She and Greg went to a crime scene a couple of hours ago. They could still be collecting evidence. Have you tried calling her?"