FAMILY

It was a short travel to the Ministry where Hermione helped him update... well... his life. After many photos and signatures later with a snippy attitude later and annoyance within Hermione, they finally managed to leave.

Hermione had informed him since Harry had control over the Black account that he took the liberty to redecorate Number 12 Grimmauld Place. Sadly, the only thing they weren't able to get rid of was his mother's portrait. That dreadful woman annoyed the children greatly. Sirius and Regulus' rooms remained untouched otherwise the place was completely refurbished, pained, and decorated to Harry's wishes. He made it more... homey.

Harry had already been told the news and against his better judgment chose to stay in his work office waiting for the two to arrive. Ginny got the call not long after and dropped the kids off with her mother. She met up with Harry at his office not long after. Ginny sits on his desk watching her husband pace back and forth.

"Harry, you can stop pacing."

"Sorry love, I'm just really nervous."

"Don't be nervous, babe. Be excited, I know I am. That was one of the worst days of your life, I know that but think of the positives. He is alive and well and there's nobody better he can be with at the moment than the brightest witch of our age herself. Easy, love. Deep breaths.

He nodded his head quickly taking in her advice and listening to it. Though it didn't last long until Hermione walked through the door with a cautious Sirius behind her. "I apologize. We had to get his affairs in order before coming here. I'm glad you're alright, Harry." Hermione says hugging him tightly. "Ginny." She hugs the redhead behind him.

"Harry..." Sirius trails looking his godson up and down.

"Sirius," a grin plastered on his face as he embraces him not daring to let go.

Sirius' chest rumbles softly with laughter. In the back of his mind, he knows there are more important matters at hand. He pulls away looking intently down at the three adults. It's still hard for him to grasp that they're full fledge adults now.

"Harry, where is everyone?"

He blinks in confusion looking over to Hermione and questioning her. "I deduced it would be better to have it come from the three of us."

He nods his head avoiding Sirius' eye. "Please, sit," he did. "Since you were...missing the wizarding world spiraled downhill. There were restrictions set by the Ministry. Hogwarts was under investigation, and as a plan between the two, Snape killed Dumbledore. None of them compare to the final war in 1998. Ron, Hermione, and I chased after the Horcruxes with the help of Rosemund and Aries. We had highly secret interactions. When they were destroyed the last two led us to Hogwarts. The Battle of Hogwarts was on May 2, we lost many but we'll always remember them."

His godfather shakes his head, baffled that Dumbledore is gone but that isn't his priority. "Harry, Harry. Where. Is. Everyone?"

He swallows thickly looking at his wife. She bobs her head with a frown. With a quick breath, he explains, "Remus and Tonks were one of the many that passed during the war..." Sirius gasps taking a step back. "With them were Severus Snape, Fred Weasley, Vincent Crabbe, Colin Creevey, Lavender Brown. Before them when Voldemort was seeking me out...Mad Eye."

"No... Moony..." his face pales realizing all of his friends are now gone.

"Remus and Tonks, they uh... they had a son before the Battle of Hogwarts."

"A son?"

Harry smiles softly. "Edward Remus Lupin. Everyone calls him Teddy."

Sirius frowns slightly saddened that he lost both his parents before he got to know them properly.