s. 4 ep. 11 Who's the Boss?

Start from the beginning

"And B, it's totally cool if you want some guy time with D and (y/n). I get it." Brooklynn finished. "For the record, I totally thought that thing on the boat was a leadership thing btw."

A giddy smile appeared across Kenji's face. "Yeah, uh..." He started before quickly pecking her on the head and standing. "Okay, great. Thanks. Bye."

Brooklynn smiled and shook her head as he ran off. She then pet Rebel for a minute, totally at peace, no hesitation, and no regrets.

As I walked off I tossed the reminisce of another tree branch to the floor. Walking back towards camp, silently, the thoughts came rushing back. But, they were useless at this point. She made her choice. She'd made plans. Plans I wasn't a part of.

"Hey, (y/n)!" Kenji called as I entered the area outside the cave.

I looked at him, unblinking.

"Come here!" He said.

I sighed and walked over. I knew what was coming. It was gonna hurt.

"Hey! We're taking the kids to the desert!" Yaz called out.

I ignored her and kept walking straight ahead. I never should've let her convince me. I thought.

"Mae and I are going to the Med Bay to save Firecracker," Ben yelled.

Shut up you C plot, cock sucker. I thought.

"Cool! Be careful!" Darius replied. "Sorry, um, what were you saying?" he said to Kenji as I approached.

Kenji took a deep breath. "Remember on the boat when I was mad?"

"When you were acting like a jackass? Yes, I remember." I said.

Kenji grimaced. "Harsh, but not untrue." He said. "I wasn't actually mad at you guys, I-I was..."

Darius put a hand on his shoulder, cutting him off. "You-You don't need to apologize, Kenji. That's all in the past. I mean, man, that feels like years ago. Right, (y/n)."

Staring straight at Kenji, with an incredibly pissed-off look on my face, I replied, "Yep."

"No, I-I wasn't... Look, I wanted to..." Kenji continued, having a hard time finding the right words.

I braced myself. Don't flip out. I thought.

"What?" Kenji asked Darius who was just smiling, fondly at him.

"I just really missed you, Kenj'," D said.

"Yeah? I... really missed you too, D," Kenji replied.

"I'm so glad everything's back to normal," Darius said, way too obvious for this show's own good.

"Oh, yeah, totally normal. No-Nothing's changed at all."Kenji replied, way too obvious for my sanity's sake.

"Good. Change is overrated. Right, (y/n)" Darius asked.

"Yep," I replied again.

"Yeah, I do not think I could handle one more thing," Darius said. "Sorry, you said you wanted to..."

"Right," Kenji said, obviously panicking. "Wanted to... ask you guys... who your favorite action hero is and why, go."

"Uh..." Darius started

"Reminder to feed Kash! Reminder to feed Kash! Reminder to feed Kash! Reminder to feed Kash!" The BRAD suddenly yelled.

"BRAD, stop!" Darius yelled over the alarm.

"No way we're feeding this motherfucker." I said.

"He's a human being, (y/n). We can't just let him die." Darius