Chapter 5

Present Time

Kol's POV:
I was sitting on the bed next to Davina's body. I don't know what happened, I was terrified. i head tears, streaming down from my watery eyes. I was waiting for my sister, Freya to show up after I called her.

Maybe she knows what happened. After a few minutes I hear someone walk through the door I look up and it was Freya. "What happened, brother?" She asked me.

"I-I don't know, we were talking, and she just collapsed. I was hoping you'd know." I say with hope in my eyes. I love Davina, I would hate myself if anything ever happened to her.

"I can try." Freya replies as she walks up to Davina's body. She closes her eyes and puts her thumb on Davina's forehead and starts chanting.

After a few moments she opened her eyes and gasps for air, like she couldn't breathe. "What happened?" I ask concerned. She looks at me, "it's the Ancestors."

"What do you mean the ancestors?" I ask confused. "They have her. I don't know why, they blocked my magic somehow." She replies and I get angry. "Well how the bloody hell do we bring her back?!" I yell to Freya.

I shouldn't take my anger on her but at this moment I didn't care. "We need to wait for her to wake up." Freya says to me.

Davina's POV:
I open my eyes as I feel a chill. I stand up looking around. This place looks familiar. Wait... no! I can't be back here!!

"Hello dear." I hear a voice say as I turn around. "Who the hell are you?" I ask her. "I'm Esther. Esther Mikaelson."

My eyes widen. Esther? The all-powerful witch? Kol's mother? "Are you the reason I'm here?!" I asked, raising my voice. "Well of course. We need to have a chat." She replies and I scoff.

"About what?" I ask as I cross my arms. What could Esther possibly want with me? "I need your help taking down my children." She says to me. "Are you Kidding me?! I'm not doing that!"

"You will do as I ask." She says and walks to me, grabbing my arm. "Let go of me!!" I yell but she grabs tighter. As she lets it go, there was a mark. "What the hell did you do to me?!"

"It's simple. This will make sure you kill them all. And you won't stop until their dead." As she says that to me, she snaps her fingers and I wake up, in my world, screaming.

"Davina!!" Kol shouts concerned and worried for me. He pulls me in for a hug, and I hug back tightly. I was scared, he was always my comfort zone, my shoulder to cry on. But what if I hurt him? I couldn't live with myself if I did!

I quickly pull away from him. "You need to go." I say to him, not making eye contact. At that moment, I just wanted to feel his warm lips against mine and hold him close, but I knew I couldn't.

"Davina, what happened?" He asks me but I back away from him. "I said you need to leave!" I shout as I see Freya. "Both of you!!" I yell to them. "I'm not going anywhere, Davina." Kol says to me. "I mean it Kol, go!! Or I'll make you!" I yell at him.

I hate making him leave, I need him. But I don't want to hurt them. "Davina, I am not leaving you!" I sigh and close my eyes as I start chanting. A few moments later, I open my eyes and him and Freya was gone. I made them leave, they were just outside my house but at least they're not inside with me.

I hate Esther for doing this. I heard Kol shouting and screaming from downstairs. I tried to drown it about but all I heard was him. "DAVINA!!! DAVINA LET ME IN!!" He keeps screaming.

I close my eyes and start to cry when I suddenly felt a pain in my arm, like I was on fire. "AHH!" I screamed. I fall to the ground in pain. "It hurts!! Make it stop!! Make it stop!!" I cried out but it wouldn't stop.

I heard Kol kick the door open and run upstairs as he heard my cries. "Davina!" He yelled as he saw me on the ground. He began to come near me, "stay away!!" I yell at him as I keep holding my arm.

He kneels down to me and holds me close as I cry into his chest. He looks at my arm and sees the orange glowing mark. "Who did this to you?" He asked. It starts calming down and I sit up wiping my tears.

I look at him. "Esther." I say to him as I watch his face go from worried to mad. "My mother did this?! How?!" He asks angry. "She's the one that sent me to the Ancestral world." I Explain. "Why?" He asks. "She wants me to kill you, and your siblings." I say, forcing myself to pull away from him.