Chapter 2

Author: Fatima Mateen 

Date 1/8/2023

Credits: 

Front Cover: Artfleriua, from Google, https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FADvl8JXIAAKCD0.jpg:large

Inspiration: Other Dramione stories from Wattpad, https://www.wattpad.com/stories/dramione

People looked outrageous. "They're controlling our lives!", Astoria cried. I bit my lip and stared at the ground... Will I get married to Granger...or someone bratty? I sighed. Letters came flying to everyone. I grabbed my letter from my owl and breathed heavily. I slowly opened the letter. Skimmed through the part which Dumbledore just said and came to read the person who would be my soulmate.

Your soulmate is Hermione Granger, from 6th year, Hogwarts, Britain.

I grinned from ear to ear and whispered to Blaise who smiled at me. I asked him; he showed me the name

Your soulmate is Luna Lovegood, from 5th year, Hogwarts, Britain.

I gave a chortle, and pat my buddy's back, who looked slightly concerned with his soulmate.

...

Hermione POV

They're controlling our lives! This is outrageous! And at the age of 16! Sigh. My letter was tossed over by a Ministry owl. I skimmed through the parts and came to read the name:

Your soulmate is Draco Malfoy, from 6th year, Hogwarts, Britain. 

Oh my... What will my friends say?

...

Hermione POV

Let's just say I have no expression for who my soulmate is.

Though why was I so shy in front of Malfoy? What is my problem?? I am not crushing on him, am I? He's a bully, why would I like him? I gave a frown as I sat on the armchair, in the common room.

...

I rushed to Arthimancy. Why am I running late for all these lessons these days? I sighed. I ran down the stairs and didn't notice Ginny talking to Harry. "Hermione!", Ginny called.

"Not now Ginny, I'm late!", I ran down the stairs.

On one more floor, I took a sharp turn and slid into class. I sighed with relief, phew, I'm not late this time.

As soon as class ended, I rushed to the Griffindor common room, slid into an armchair, and closed my eyes, with a sigh of relief. That was a very tiring day, I murmured. Just then I remembered I have detention with my future husband in half an hour. I sighed in exasperation again.

Just then, Ron came into the common room. He sat down in the armchair in front of me.

"What's up, Ron?", I asked, raising my eyebrows, noticing that he looked a bit uncomfortable.

"Hermione, there's something I want to tell you".

"Yeah?", I asked, confused.

"Uhh Hermione, look, we've been friends for like more than 6 years now...And you're my best friend-"

"Get to the point, Ron" I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"I like you, Hermione. I love you! I loved you ever since I saw you, and I want that you become my soulmate! I don't know your soulmate, but-but we can go to Dumbledore and convince him to change the roles and all... But please, become my wife!"

I stared at him, disgusted. I shook my head, "I'm sorry Ron, but you're my friend, and even if I do agree to go to Dumbledore, it's impossible. The Ministry is in charge, not Dumbledore!", I said, as I stood up and turned around. Ron stood up too.

"But don't you love me?! Anything can be done with love", Ron said, astounded.

I turned to look at him. "What makes you think that Ron Weasley?", I tested, raising my eyebrows.

"WHO IS YOUR SOULMATE THEN, IF YOU'RE SO EAGER TO REJECT ME!", Ron yelled, in tears.

Should I tell him? No... Not yet... Yes, I should, so he'd know who's dealing with him. "Yes, I'm eager. And my soulmate is no other than my true love, Draco Malfoy", I said, leaving Ron with a white face and open mouth.

...

Draco POV

I sat down in a warm armchair near the fire, in the common room.

I breathed a sigh of relief and tiredness. That was a long day. I craned my neck for cramps and then looked up at the ceiling. The fire roared heatedly near me, a hazy scene opening up.

Oh, Granger. I wish you knew... How much I love you. And that Weaselbee and Potty won't let me even talk to you. If I look at you, they'll glare at me and say something. Oh, Granger. I wish you knew my feelings.

Should I confess...? But she's anyways gonna become my wife right?

Just then, Pansy sat in the turquoise armchair in front of me and looked into my eyes.

Huh, what is she doing here? I should leave before she does something... I stood to leave when someone grabbed my wrist. I turned around.

"Please Draco. I need to tell you something", Pansy said while staring into my eyes.

"Yeah what do you want?", I snarled.

Pansy bit her lip. "I-I-I like you".

I stared at her with disgust. Though I replied softly, "Okay. Well I'm sorry, but I like someone else, plus didn't you hear what Dumbledore said about the Marriage Law?", and turned to leave the common room.

"You seem happy about your soulmate! Who is it?!", Pansy called after me, almost in tears.

I turned around for the last time and replied savagely, "Hermione", and left the common room, leaving a shocked Pansy. 

Hope you liked Chapter 2 as well :)

Don't forget to vote!

My Insta: @ima_xo337

Thank you🤍