Chapter 3

Hey there!

I entered the trophy room to see Snape and Granger already there.

"There now, the two of you, I want this trophy room sparkling, and no magic!", Snape barked, as he took our wands from us. He shut the door behind me, leaving the two of us with a bucket of water, some towels, and cleaning supplies. I sighed.

Granger grabbed a towel and some water from a small bowl and turned to the corner of the trophy room. I stared after her, came back to my senses, and began cleaning as well.

Half an hour passed by, and the two of us quietly cleaned everything. I looked sideways at Granger who was drowsing off. I better tell her to wake up before I get detention along with her too.

"Granger!" I said. She didn't stir but instead started sleeping on the 'Best Wizarding School In Britain: Hogwarts' trophy.

Oh great. I walked to her. She looks so cute... What are you thinking Malfoy? Wake her up and finish your job!

I shook myself and bent my head down. I got back up and grabbed Hermione's shoulders, and shook her. "Granger, wake up", I said softly. Hermione stirred and opened her eyes.

"You awake Granger?", I whispered, grinning, still my hands on her shoulders.

"Yeah, I think so", as she rubbed her eyes, my hands slipped off. "Thanks for waking me up", she said gently.

"Here take this", I handed her an anti-sleeping potion.

"Wow. Thank you Malfoy", Hermione said gladly, taking the potion.

"Remember to take the antidote", I told her. She nodded happily, and took the potion.

Both of us finished cleaning, quite but aware that we would become spouses in no time.

...

Hermione POV

"Hermione!! Surely you like someone. Who is your soulmate? You know mine! It's Harry of course, but what about yours! ", Ginny whined, while grabbing my arm.

"Leave me alone Ginny, I'm hungry, I'm going for breakfast", I snapped.

I didn't want to tell her about my feelings for Malfoy, she'd judge me for that, and that's the last thing I want; my friends judging my love. Ron'l anyways tell her in no time, I guess. I sighed and ran off to breakfast.

I walked down the stairs to find that the hallway was empty. It was 6 AM, and most of the school was asleep. I sighed.

I went down the stairs to the big hall, to see not a soul, but just Malfoy sitting in a corner, nibbling his food.

Oh. I speed walked to get my food and slowly walked with my tray.

Draco POV

Granger is coming this way? I should invite her here after all the hall is empty. She walked ahead uncertainly to the Griffindor table, sitting down. I don't know how I managed to bring up the courage to stand up, walk to Granger, and sit in front of her. I settled down in my seat, and moved around the food on my plate, as Granger looked up at me in surprise. I glanced at her. She was blushing.

Hermione POV

What is he doing here? Oh, if Ginny sees me here sitting with Draco, she'll- Oh no.

The two of us sat in silence, quite interested in the food, to be honest. Then Draco spoke up, "Thought I'd sit with you, I was bored", he said quietly. I nodded gently.

We both ate in silence for a minute or so, when I managed to speak up, "So, how is life?", I asked lamely, but at the same time nervously.

Draco looked up, and said, his voice slightly nervous, "Fine, just a little tiring. How about you?"

I was surprised. A civilized conversation. I replied, "Fine, and a bit tiring as well, because of studies...". Draco smiled and nodded.

"You're an early bird too?", he asked, raising his eyebrows, but smiling. I laughed and nodded.

"So uhh... The trip to Hogsmede is coming up... It's nearly Christmas... Do you want to..." his voice quivered again, "Do you want to spend the day with me?".

Draco looked down, embarrassed, that he had spoken such a thing. He was asking me out. No, he wasn't. Was he?

I stared at my plate and replied, "Uh, sure. Where do you want to... Meet?" Draco looked up at grinning.

Wow. He smiled at me and said softly. "Let's meet in the hallway, we'll go together". I returned him a shy smile and stood up to put my plate away, Draco came with me. The two of us waved goodbye and left for our common rooms. The rooms were gonna be sorted in an hour.

Woah.

Draco POV

I climbed up the stairs, breathing heavily, but running from ear to ear. Woah, I had such a good conversation with Granger, and I even asked her out. Woah. I'm proud of myself. I smirked as I entered the common room, while Blaise sat there on the sofa.

His eyebrows went up and grinned slowly, "Hmm, seems like someone is happy. What happened?"

I kept quiet and grinned to myself and sat on an armchair, near the fire. I smiled in the fire, ahhh, I can't wait for the Hogsmede trip. I really can't wait.

"Draco! Tell me what happened!" Blaise said, annoyed. He stopped in his track, "Did something happen with Granger?", he asked smugly.

I bit my lip, and replied honestly, "You don't have to know, Blaise". I returned to daydreaming. Blaise looked smug, alright.

Hermione POV

"TELL!", Ginny cried as Hermione sighed, as her best friend grabbed her arm once again.

"Or else, I'm gonna tell everyone that-".

"Tell what?", I craned my neck so fast at her, with eyebrows shooting up.

"I'll tell everyone that you have a boyfriend", Ginny finished lamely.

"Alright, alright. Shut up, and I'll tell you", I sighed, looking at the fire.

Ginny got all excited and got comfortable on the sofa, as if ready to listen to a fairytale bedtime story.

"Ginny... Swear to not tell a soul, I trust you with my life, but never tell a soul about this", I commented before starting, blushing slightly.

"Yeah, you can trust me, bestie, don't worry at all!", Ginny said, comfortingly.

"Okay.. Now don't judge me, or scream, but", I bit my lip, "I like Malfoy".

I glanced at Ginny, her eyes were popping out. "Malfoy?", she whispered. For once she looked as if she was gonna start yelling about how Malfoy is so bad, but instead, she squealed.

"AUGH!! You two look SO cute together, not gonna lie. Oh my lord, little Miss-Perfect loves Mr. Draco Malfoy. Awwww". I turned red.

"Shut it, Ginny, there's more."

"There is? Oooohhh!"

"Well, I went for breakfast, and the hall was empty, only Malfoy was sitting there, and he sat with me, and well he asked me out for Hogsmede for the day", I blabbered very quickly, turning scarlet. Ginny looked- Well let's just say her reaction was just how I expected.

We went for lunch, once again stopped by Dumbledore, who told us that our rooms had been released and that every couple must come to Mcgonagal for directions.

I got nervous all over again. As everyone started looking for their soulmates, meanwhile I stood up, ready, but nervous, to look for Draco.

There were people everywhere, I nearly tripped over Ernie Macmillan, from Hufflepuff, when someone caught my hand just in time. I looked up to see Draco, smirking shyly. 

Don't forget to vote!

My Insta: @ima_xo337

Thank you🤍