𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐕.

Start from the beginning

"Neteyam?" He said rushing over to his son who was on the ground, Lo'ak who had been close by was pressing down on the wound. "Dad! Dad help, quick!" but he couldn't move, he was just stuck in one place watching his eldest slip away.

He heard another voice, this time it was Kiri and the two people in front of him had switched to the two females, "Dad, I-I think mom is hurt, she isn't waking up." Kiri didn't see the hole in Ney'tiris back from a gun wound, she only thought she was knocked out.

"Dad?, you have to help me wake her up, we have to go. Come on—" He was stuck. Looking down at his hands, they were stained with blood and on the ground was a gun. He blamed himself so much that his mind made him believe he did it.

"Dad? Hey, dad, wake up." A voice was starting to come through, it sounded like Neteyam, but when he opened his eyes it was his boy Lo'ak.

He sat up and immediately placed his hands on his shoulders with a worry look, "Are you okay? What's going?" He asked quickly.

"No Dad, you were crying again."

"... but the thing about happiness is it can vanish in a second."

"Lo'ak, I'm sorry." He said sighing, embarrassed his son caught him crying. Wiping away at his tears, he glanced outside to see it was still dark out. "What time is it?"

"Uh, the village life is about to start soon. Pretty early though." Lo'ak said as he moved to sit down next to his father, head resting on his shoulder. "I miss them too, every day." He said quietly.

The two just sat there, their comfort and warmth being not a lot, but just enough for the two.

....

A hour later and one stillsuit on Jake, (Y/N) bid the Sullys a goodbye and started to make her way over to the pathway that led to their neighboring village with Jake.

"Why do I have to wear this?" He asked as he adjusted the little piece that rested just barely outside of his nose.

"It will keep you moisturized on our travels, it's a distance away and there isn't any moisture when we walk. Besides, I want to take you somewhere after." (Y/N) said, having called out to one of her creatures that she was known for riding.

A thanator.

"Holy fuck—" Jake said, immediately stepping back as the creature got closer and closer to (Y/N), he reached out to pull her back, but was startled when he saw the creature roll onto its back for a rub.

"Fuck?" She questioned as she patted the thanators belly in a comforting gesture, she heard many bad words, but this was a new one.

"Yes, bad word, don't say it." Jake said as he got closer, he was thankful (Y/N) didn't push it even further.

As the two started walking, Jake next to her and (Y/N) now upright on the thanator, she would occasionally glance at the other before looking back. His curious gaze constantly making the two stop, one minute he was next to her and the other he was off looking at some of the trees that were burning different colors.

"It doesn't seen like the trees will die or fall down." He said. (Y/N) moved closed to the other as she stuck her hand on the trunk of the tree. "That is because our trees are very sacred here, they burn for centuries. My mother knows when they are ready to be taken down."