Part 11 - Mall Days

Teeny. 

I grabbed my jumper and ran down the stairs when the doorbell rang, Betram frowned at me, "you see Gabby and Bella everyday I don't know why you're so exited to see her."

"It's not Gabby and Bella." I replied checking that my hair looked alright in the mirror. "The who is it?" Bertram asked. I grinned, "it just so happens that I'm going on a date."

He got up and followed me to the door, "now this I want to see." he muttered, he got in front of me and beat me to the door, he leant against it opening it halfway so that my date could only see his face. I could see Bertram wink at him from the angle I was standing at, "hey sweetie pie," Bertram said in his best impression of a husky voice, "ready to take me on a date."

I burst out laughing, "alright Teens haha, come on I only have a couple hours because my Dad thinks I'm at the library, I'm still grounded because of that guy on my team." Jordan called from the other side of the door.

"I didn't put Bertie up to it I swear. Did they press charges?" I asked pushing past Bertram. Jordan shook his head, "no but a fucking restraining order, that little bitch."

Bertram snorted, "Teeny you're going out with a real life delinquent now, how very dangerous of you."

I grinned at him, "yeah, well you know me Bertie, I love living life on the edge." 

Jordn pulled me over to the moped thingy he had parked on the side of the road, I always forget what a rich kid he is. I mean which 15 year-old kid owns a freaking moped. "Don't stay out too late kids, and if you have an accident on that motorbike and something happens to Teeny I will press charges." Bertram shouted as Jordan handed me a helmet. 

"I'm surprised he didn't try to attack me or something, i thought they all hated me, also does he live at yout house?" Jordan muttered as I got on the back of the moped. I laughed, "Berties cool like that, he doesn't really hold grudges or attack people, he's not an animal. Also yeah he lives with us sometimes and I live at his house, our moms are lawyers so they travel a lot for work."

He nodded, "Teens."

"Yeah?"

"You are going to have to put your arms around my waist if you don't want to fall off and die." He muttered. I snorted and put my arms around his waist, his shirt was surprisingly soft. The drive to the mall wasn't that long, and soon he was parking the moped in the parking lot. 

He put his arm around my shoulder and walked me to the mall doors, "Ok, where do you want to go first?" he asked. I had to think for a moment, "I haven't had lunch yet lets go to the diner on the top floor." he nodded, "same."

We sat down in one of the booths, "so a restraining order? how many yards?" I asked amused. He rolled his eyes, "fifty I think, I don't know why  he's so scared of me, if he just keeps his mouth shut we're not going to have any problems. What about you have you gotten any further with your investigation?"

I shook my head, "unfortunatley not,  ever since Gaby and Yeah-yeah had to go to the police their parents have been around more so they're kind of on a tighter leash. They're leaving in three days to go back to Hollywood though so I guess that's something, but I wish they would stay longer because although they would never admit to it Gaby and Yeah-yeah miss them a lot."

Jordan frowed, "so it's like neglect, I mean I barely see them around and the McLenans only live a few blocks down from us?"

"Neglect might be pushing it, the house keeper comes every second day and the neighbors are always being called so that they can check in, I mean yeah maybe they barely see each other but please never, ever bring it up with them they will lose their shit. Their parents can do no wrong."