T W E N T Y - F O U R

Start from the beginning

"And you only have one sister?"

"I have two sisters" he corrected "My older sister...let's just say isn't too fond of me."

"Why?"

"It'll be easier to tell you why she is fond of me" he snorted "But that's okay because the only one I really need is Phebe, my younger sister." 

"And what is she like?" I asked, glancing at him as we trekked down the long pathway to the old barn behind Zephyr's safe house "Your sister Phebe?" 

"Are you sure we have enough time?" Xenos gave me a boyish grin and let out a small laugh "Because I can talk for hours and hours about my baby sister." 

I smiled at him, the fondness for his sister making itself know in his words.

 "Tell me your favorite thing about her." 

He hummed in contemplation "My favorite thing?" 

I nodded. 

"It would have to be the fact that she is nothing like our parents" he said "And the fact that she loves me more than she loves her powers." 

My smile softened "And that's important to you?" 

He nodded "Where I come from, it's very rare for someone to love you more than their own gifts." 

"You can have more than one gift?" I asked, then snorted when thinking back about his own gifts and how he used them on me "Nevermind, that was a stupid question." 

"Hey now" he nudged my shoulder with his own "No questions are stupid questions. And yes, people like Zephyr and I can have more than one gift." 

"And does your sister have the same gifts as you?" 

"Thankfully, no" he snorted "Or else my ass would have been fried like beef jerky whenever we would argue." 

I laughed, imagining it in my head "I like her already." 

"She would like you too" he laughed "You two would be like peas in a pod." 

He grimaced "But when you meet her, please don't tell her I used my gift on you." 

I smirked at him "Which one?"

He grimaced even further "Both?" 

"Now, we both know I can't do that" I nudged his shoulder with mine this time "That's too good of leverage to not use." 

He threw his head back and laughed, the rich sound settling deep in my bones and making me squirm a little.