T W E N T Y - T W O

Alessia Jane

I ran as fast as I could, as far as I could, to escape from my prison wardens.

I would not be caged again.

I was a Wolf damnit and refused to be locked away every time Zephyr decided that I was no longer useful to him. 

A small part of my heart panged at the thought of leaving my Uncle behind but I knew that it was for the best. 

No matter how much he claimed to dislike Zephyr, I knew that it just wasn't true. 

Uncle Ethan was loyal to his fault and once you were, in his eyes, part of the family, he would remain loyal to you until your dying days. 

And since Zephyr was Serenity's Mate, to a certain extent, he too was seen as family. 

'And family doesn't abandon each other in someone's time of need...' My snarky conscious reminded me 'Which is exactly what you're doing right now." 

I ignored that pesky voice, knowing that if I gave into it, I would never get another chance like this again. 

Because if I was caught again, I would be locked in a room until I was deemed useful again. 

It was near my second mile when I first noticed the tall figure leaning haphazardly against a nearby tree.

I stumbled over my own paws as I came closer to the figure, recognizing those colorful hair steaks anywhere. 

How did he find me?

It wasn't possible...

I made sure to cover my tracks and take alternative routes to confuse anyone who decided to come after me.

I even shifted after I was a good half a mile away from the house in the opposite direction so they could follow my misguided trap. 

"Hi Lemon drop" Xenos purred at me with that husky voice of his, a lollipop hanging from the corner of his mouth as those silver eyes brightened into the color of lightening "Long time no see."

I quickly recovered from my surprised stupor and snarled at him, warning him to not interfere this time. 

While I was angry that he found me so quickly, my wolf on the other hand, stayed relatively silent on the matter. 

Traitor. 

Instead of talking my warning seriously, Xenos just grinned at me, those dazzling eyes of his becoming even more enthralling.