Chapter 5: That Girl Is Poison

Celeste's POV

I lean against the opposite side of the tree as my target and close my eyes.

I ease my own thoughts into his mind and urge him to call his girlfriend.

They haven't spoken in two days since they had a fight but she's too stubborn to initiate everything.

She wants him to make the first move so when he pulls his phone out and calls her number, I feel the completion of my task and sigh.

"Finally."

I take a deep breath and when I open my eyes, I'm in the apartment that I have been occupying since I arrived here.

It's in the penthouse of a hotel in the middle of town and even though it's supposed to be luxurious, the only appeal it has to me is it's seclusion.

I am never disturbed unless I want to be and that's how I like it.

I sit on the edge of the bed, my leg shaking from how anxious I am.

Im not quite sure why but I've been feeling this way for awhile.

I could ask my mother but I don't think she would understand.

The thought of calling Elaina makes me feel even more anxious so I make a connection with Meloney instead.

"You rang?"

I raise my head and see her appear on my couch with her body stretched out.

She is in full demon form now.

Her horns are sticking out of her head and they have small curves in them, similar to a snake.

Her scales are move visible now and her tail waves freely behind her.

She is much more comfortable in this state than her human one so whenever the two of her are alone, she prefers to present herself this way.

"I need your help. I don't know what's going on with me but lately I've been so anxious and jumpy. It's not fear or anything like that. Well maybe it is but I'm not in any danger. I don't know what's causing it."

She tilts her head and sits next to me on the bed, giving me her full attention.

"Has anything significant happened?"

I shake my head.

"No I've been doing pretty simple tasks. I've been talking to my mother as usual. I went over to elainas-"

Her brows furrow.

"Elaina? The mortal girl?"

I nod my head.

"She was showing me her paintings. They were quite gorgeous actually. Her space was magnificent as well. The light shines through all of the windows and hit her just right. She looked almost as angelic with me even with paint on her face. And the kiss ha. The kiss was umm...it was something else. I've missed countless mortals and goddesses alike but that one kiss made me feel...strange. A-and then I didn't want to leave. It was almost like I couldn't leave her there but I had an obligation. I had a task and I knew that my mother would be alerted if I didn't go. In that moment, I wasn't concerned for myself though. I know my mother. She would scold me for an eternity but she'll get over it eventually. I was worried about Elaina. I didn't want my mother to know I was with her because I know she would get the wrong idea. It was for her own good but the way she looked at me. I felt a pain in my chest even though she did not physically touch me. Even now I feel that same pressure in my chest and I'm not even near her. What does this mean Meloney?"