Chapter 12

Sickening voices filled the atmosphere, turning dark. No trees, no Riverclan, no anything. As if it were the day when Skyclan had left their side of land: the one now Riverclan used. Both clans shared a waterfall as a sign of piece from bringing them back. Until they left, all cats had gone their different paths. Spots looked around, a flaming point tom and another gray tom apprentice looked at eachother mischievously. The flaming point tom looked like Lionstar, however she didn't recognize the other cat, he looked like Stormpool; a kittyprt now reformed as a warrior. Suddenly the flame-point apprentice spoke as he pushed the gray-tom with his shoulder, "You'd never be as good as I warrior as I'll be, Sparrowpaw!" 

Sparrowpaw grumbled teasingly, laughing, "The day I see you catch a bird from its own tree is the day I'll believe that!"

     "Only Skyclan can do that!" Lionpaw replied, his tail standing on edge.

"Exactly. Riverclan cats are trained for water, us Skyclan cats are trained for the 'sky'." Sparrowpaw paused. "Get it? Skyclan 'sky'?" As he spoke a pale-yellow cat with a large-tusk connecting under his ear stared at Spots. She had never seen such a strange cat as him, Starclan cats would visit her, but they would have wings. This cat however had an evil look to him, he dashed forward touching noses with Spots as a bright-white light blinded her.

     Spots opened her eyes while a gray-speckled she-cat spoke to her, "You're safe now." The old-speckled she-cat had a watery and earthy scent was she the old Riverclan leader?  As another cat popped out, this one with a green foot covered in mint-vines retorted, "You must safely deliver these words we say to Lilytail. We cannot reach her, there are many messages for her that she cannot receive." Spots nodded, why couldn't they reach her mate? Did Starclan not believe in her? Was she bound to evil?  While she thought, the old Riverclan leader started: "From here, five cats must save their clan from the upcoming evil. This evil will destroy the clans as dust will turn into nature again, they will fly back into the sun covering their shade." The Starclan cat flapped her wings continuing before Spots got a chance to talk, "You must go now! There is no time left for talking!"

      The loner yowled, "But what about Lilytail? What does this have to do with her?" A cold shivering breeze woke her up, he was in the medicine den, she couldn't remember why she was in the medicine den as the last thing she did was nurture Marigold's soon-to-be apprentices kits. "Hey! Quiet down if my mother finds you disturbing the clan once she gets back-!" Heartswing meowed annoyingly, he was Maplefang's adopted-son. Still, how did he get the confidence to speak that way to Spots? She was now welcomed in Riverclan, impulsively she said "If Lilytail finds out about this!"

     "- Lilytail?" He scoffed, "She's just an idiot waiting for her own downfall." He glanced at her before padding away to the warrior's den. Why's Heartswing so different from Maplefang?  Spots pondered standing up from the rocky flooring the floor cracking her paws from the coldness. What was she doing in the medicine den anyway? She was supposed to talk to Lilytail after taking care of her kits.

Spots sat down under the Wetrock as Lionstar stood on the rock, his stance seeming powerful with his quirky grin. The kits are finally ready to be apprentices!  Spots thought as he called, "Every Riverclan cat please join under the Wet-rock for a special meeting!" His voice echoing throughout the forest, his voice was strong and powerful as every Riverclan cat gathered under the rock, Foxpelt and Lilytail rushing under it. Lilytail sitting next to her apprentice, Beetlepaw. The two medicine cats were now in the camp, Vinepaw had an unfamiliar look on her face as if the stars had guided her destiny. Spots looked back at Lionstar as he started again: "Rosekit, Deerkit, and Frogkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you all to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior names, Frogkit and Rosekit you both will be known as Frogpaw your mentor will be Robinwing and Rosepaw your mentor will be Otterfoot." Lionstar paused signaling for both of the warriors to join them on the Wetrock as he glanced back at Deerkit, "Deerkit you will be known as Deerpaw, you will be holding Starclan's secrets and saving the clan your mentor will be Vineflower." 

     Vineflower? Spots thought, She was made a medicine cat already? Deerpaw eyes were full of joy and happiness as Lionstar sighed continuing the ceremony: "Robinwing, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Strikeclaw, and you have shown yourself to be loyal and an amazing hunter. You will be the mentor of Frogpaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to him." Robinwing jumped up touching noses with his newly appointed apprentice. "Otterfoot, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have shown yourself to be speedy and patient. You will be the mentor of Rosepaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to her." Otterfoot gracefully jumped up resting her muzzle on Rosepaw's as she licked her mentor's shoulder, again Lionstar continued, "Vineflower, you are also ready to have an apprentice. You have trained yourself into an important medicine cat, therefore you will be the apprentice of Deerpaw, I expect you to pass on all you've known about herbs and healing your clan to him." The quiet medicine cat climbed her way up as Deerpaw jumped on her turning her over and licking her shoulder as the clan shouted:

Rosepaw! Deerpaw! Frogpaw!

     The three kits and their mentors jumped down from the rock meeting their mother and their den-dad, Heartswing. Lionstar looked again with a curious look in his eye, not ending the meeting he spoke again as his voice broke, "Shypaw please step forward" He cleared his throat as he jumped like the other cats onto the Wetrock Owlwing staring at him, "I, Lionstar, leader of Riverclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn." Shypaw glanced around the clan his fangs showing as his grin appeared from ear to ear as his paws trembled to stand up, his eyes starting to water up from his joyfulness.

"Shypaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

Shypaw teared up proudly yowling, "I do!"

     Lionstar nodded declaring, "Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. Shypaw, from this moment on you will be known as Shybreeze. StarClan honors your swiftness, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Riverclan." Lionstar rested his muzzle on his head as he licked his shoulder, purring proudly and silently "Good job." Riverclan yowled reapeating the new apprentices and new warrior's names:

Rosepaw! Deerpaw! Frogpaw! Shybreeze!