Chapter Twenty One | Emergency Pt.2

NightEye takes a seat at the same isolated desk, his hands clasped in front of him. "I understand this meeting is last minute, but my team found the Yakuza's hideout."

As soon as those words left his mouth, murmurs erupted from all directions. NightEye pauses for a moment, waiting for the noise to dial down before speaking again.

"As each of you gave your reports, the locations began to slim down until there was only ours left," NightEye's sidekick, Bubble Girl, pressed a button, revealing the whole country of Japan on the screen behind them.

As NightEye began naming towns that reports were done in, they were crossed out. "After all of your reports, the only possibility left was the one I took on, which showed signs of residents."

After NightEye confirmed the possibility of finding the hideout, there were sighs of reliefs from all angles.

"We will start the operation tomorrow at 8:30. I request that all heroes in the operation meet at my agency an hour prior to go over the plan," a few cheers come from heroes eager to rescue the girl Eri.

"Why tomorrow? Since we know where their hideout is—we should get the girl as soon as we can."

"We don't have a warrant. Just because we're heroes doesn't mean we can break the law. And it's too last minute of a heads-up," Bubble Girl replied, standing to the right of NightEye. Her expression stern.

The hero's face goes red when he gets a few head turns, on top of the harshly straightforward answer. I shoot a sympathetic smile at him, him returning the smile before looking back at NightEye.

"That's all I wanted to notify you on. Feel free to stay longer or leave, it is up to you," NightEye gets up from his seat, leaving the room with his other Sidekick, Centipeder, following suit.

Instead of everyone staying to chat in the room, half of the heroes exit to the lobby to chat, which I'm thankful for because it makes spotting Enji a whole lot easier.

I see Enji getting up, unknowingly putting my body in gear mode and bolting out of my chair and racing to the other side of the room—speed walking—to get to Enji.

When I get to Enji, he gives me a weird look when he sees that I'm out of breath. "You okay?"

"I was...running...so I...didn't...lose you," I said in between breathes. I take one deep breath and exhale, throwing a thumbs up. "But I'm okay now!"

Enji chuckles, walking towards the exit on the other side of the room, where I just was. "Come on, let's get going. Don't want to be late."

"Late..? To what?" I asked, pacing towards him.

Enji gives me a fake sad look, his hand on his chest. "You forgot about dinner? I'm hurt y/n."

"Wait—you were serious about dinner?" I look up at Enji for a hint of joking, but I don't find any.

Enji looks down at me with raised brow, a smirk on his face. "You thought I was kidding?"

"I thought you were only saying that to distract me earlier," I admitted, filing out the exit first.

Enji follows behind me, effortlessly catching up to me in one step. "I thought that you'd take me seriously since you wanted to try some places last time."

He remembered that? "Oh—what time is the reservation set for?" I said, trying to play it off even though my face is starting to burn up.

"I set it for 9:00. That gives us time to look around without rushing," I don't know why, but him saying us made my heart flutter.