"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"Shh..." He continued stroking my hair. Just as my eyes finally shut down the waterworks, the door of the office opened.

A man with greying black hair and glasses stepped out, he wore a magenta sweater and green pants. I personally wouldn't put those together but somehow he looked good...definitely friendly with his big ass smile.

We also shared glasses which I don't wear much anymore, only before bed and when I just wanna be comfy, I mostly wear contacts.

The man looked at his clipboard and said. "Carrie Hudson?" My breath caught in my throat and Hank swallowed hard.

"Sorry sweetie, can't put Anderson until we adopt you," He looked at me and winked. "Which will be very soon."

That made me happy. The thought of Hank being my legal dad...the boys being my legal brothers. That is a dream come true.

Hank stood then offered his hand, I took it and stood as well.

We walked to the man who smiled brightly at the both of us. He pointed at Hank. "And you must be Carrie?" He teased.

Hank laughed. "This is Carrie, my daughter." Hank doesn't say foster daughter or adopted daughter. I love it, deep down it makes me feel like I'm really a part of the family.

The man turned to me. "Hi Carrie, I'm Mr. Jacob. I'll be talking with you today." He offered his hand out & I, politely I may add, shook my head.

He didn't look upset about it though. "Not at shaking hands level yet, huh? I see."

Hank held me close. "She's touch sensitive, I'm sure you understand."

He man adjusted his glasses and waved us off. "Oh of course I do, completely. Why don't you two come on into my office? We'll chat a little there."

Hank put his hand on my back and guided me as we followed Mr. Jacob to his office. It was in back of the building.

His office was bigger than the waiting room but not by much; the walls were engulfed with motivational posters and his desk riddled with papers and stress toys.

He welcomed us in with own arms and ushered us to the small couch, me & Hank sat side by side on the seat.

Mr. Jacobs closed the door and sat in the lone arm chair across from the couch.

He took out a pen and clicked it a few times before looking up at us. "Let's start off easy. How are you feeling today, Mr. Hudson?"

My last name being said made me cringe.

Hank spoke for me. "For obvious reasons that you might not know about, Carrie doesn't like being the use of her biological fathers last name."

Mr. Jacobs nodded understandingly. "Oh of course, I will just use your first name. Is that okay with you?" I nodded and that was the end of that.

"Back to it, how are you Carrie?"

"I'm fine- well not actually...I just say that a lot." The therapist nodded. "It takes a lot to admit somethings wrong, I'm glad your able too."

Mr. Jacobs turned to Hank. "And how are you?" Hank smiled awkwardly. "Good- well you know I'm worried about my kid but fine otherwise." Hank was nervous for this. That much was clear.

Mr. Jacobs nodded. "Did you fill out the client forms I asked for?" Hank dug into his suit, he's always either in a suit or in his PJs- there was no in between, and handed him a filled out document.

He scanned the paper before attaching it to his clip board. "Amazing!"

The man was enthusiastic, I'll give him that. He hasn't stopped smiling since we met and it's not even a fake smile either.