59. Numb I (3rd Person)

Start from the beginning

"I'm fine. I just hate being in here." Dr. Peters bent down into a seat. "What exactly do you hate about being in here?" Carrie bit her lip.

She regretted saying that. It was the truth and she hasn't been saying that much lately.

"It's small, smells weird, and I have cramps from just sitting here. I want to take a walk. I feel like I'm going to suffocate."

The doctor sighed. "I totally understand but it's for your safety. Your leg is still healing, it'll hurt badly. And it could even reopen your leg wounds."

"Please, just one little walk." He laughed.

"I'm the wrong person to be asking kiddo." Carrie laid her head back on the hard hospital pillow and thought, thought so hard her headache came back full force.

Or it could be that the drugs were wearing off.

Nah definitely the thinking too hard.

"It might help my mental health or whatever." Dr. Peters raised an eyebrow. "Your smart kid, alright how about this-" he starts. "You use those crutches right there and we'll go for a little walk."

He pointed at the crutches leaning against the wall in the corner. Anything was better than being stuck in there for Carrie.

She nodded and her doctor smiled. "And remember, I said little." He warned as he helped Carrie get her arms underneath the crutches.

Carrie lifted myself up and fumbled a little before finally getting her footing.

Carrie goes from right leg to left leg, the right one was sore still but she managed- with the crutch, to continue the little walk the two were been on.

Dr. Peters stayed behind Carrie and close, making sure she was staying safe. Although he was acting as more of a friend now- he was still her doctor and wanted to keep her safe.

The walk was peaceful and nice- other than the pain in her leg, Carrie was enjoying her life. More so than she has since she realized she had to run away with her father.

"Alright kiddo, that's enough for now." Dr. Peters said after ten minutes. Carrie was disappointed but knew he was right, her body was aching for her to go back to the room and take a nap.

She agreed & follow him back through the hospital. The walls were white & there were so many people in the halls; patients, family members, doctors and nurses.

It was a depressing sight to behold. It felt like a endless dark hole of sadness and pain.

That was until an adorable fluffy creature came barreling toward the two.

It went straight past the good doctor and jumped on Carrie, she nearly lost her damn balance if it weren't for Dr. Peters holding her with one arm and- with the other- gently grabbed the creature- which was a big old Golden Retriever's collar.

"Whoa boy, be careful." As soon as the dog heard those words, the pretty thing calmed and sat down immediately. It's tongue stuck out and it's eyes went from Carrie to the doctor.

"Oh King, be gentle!" Carrie recognized that voice. She would anywhere.

That voice- that person, she took Carrie in after the last foster home kicked Carrie out. When their were no good ones left, when it was either take Carrie in herself or let her go into some violent group homes.