Part 26: Part time

Nino's POV:

RECOMMENDED SONG While reading: Cheating on you~Charlie Puth

„So where did you bring me this late at night?"

I asked Sato curious, I remember him saying we need to go somewhere but I don't know where.

„Here."

He said without having a certain expression and pointed to a restaurant,

„Huh?!"

„A r-restaurant?!! What is this? A date?!"

„Don't huh me. Remember? You said you wanted to get a job in the kitchen. This place needs staff in the kitchen and Customer service."

He explained, I was suprised that he not only remembered what I said but also searched for something.

„This guy. He really listens doesn't he?"

„Oh, I see. Good job for finding it, for someone like you."

I said while crossing my arms and going ahead,

„Your words are too kind for someone like me your highness."

Sato said while smiling,

„Pfft! Hahahahah"

As embarrassing as he was, he knew how to make me laugh.

Afterwards we entered the restaurant and made our way all the way back in to their rest area and office.

We introduced ourselves to the manager and went straight to business, we did good with our qualifications.
Now the chef wanted to see us in practice, we'll have 2 days on trial.
After that he would decide he said, I got a place in the kitchen and for some reason this moron Sato applied as a waiter.
His communication skills with strangers are definitely lacking, I don't know what his thought process was.
But we will see how it ends, at end of the day I'm happy that we got a place to work and support Ichika.

„It went surprisingly smoothly wouldn't you say?"

Sato asked me after leaving the restaurant,

„Yes luckily it did, but I'm kinda suprised. You? As a waiter? How come?"

I still asked him in the end,

„I know it's kind of suprising, but exactly that's why I did it. My lack in communication skills is obvious, I wanna change that. You probably think that I'm dumb for applying for a job, I know I won't be able to do well in."

Sato told me, it was obvious he was slightly embarrassed while telling me.
However I think it's admirable, I thought he was satisfied with his social standing.
Who would've thought that he wanted to change,

„It's fine isn't it? Don't worry about doing well, you're doing this for yourself. If you embarrass yourself or not doesn't matter, your existence in itself is embarrassing."

I told him while not letting the opportunity slide to insult his dumbass for looking so vulnerable,

„You get even more creative with your insults nowadays Nino-san."

He said while looking at me shockingly,

„When I'm looking at you, ideas just flow in."

I said while walking ahead, I wanted to arrive at his moped before he does.

„Auch."

He just said and got on his moped.

Akio's POV: