Part 18: A new friend??

Ninos POV of jumping In the river:

„You're kidding me right? You let go of your place just for that?"

Uesugi Fuutaro, our ex tutor was expressing his disbelief.

„Why can't he just accept his defeat already. I wanna go home and warm up."

While being forced to listen to his whining, the thought of a warm bath felt more and more heavenly.

„This idiot, why would he even go out of his way and mess with our dad like that? He should've kept quiet and teached us until the end."

I didn't have the best impression of this excuse of a teacher but I rather have him teach us, than a weird professional.
I started feeling comfortable with a guy our age teaching us.

Right when he looked like he was about to give in, Yotsuba once again took it too far.

„Like we talked about before, it's not where we are that matters. It's that the five of us are together!"

„The Apartment keys?!!"

That girl threw them in the air,

„The Apartment keys?!!"

That idiot tutor was also caught off guard by this act and tried to catch them,

„Fuutaro watch out!"

Miku tried to warn him, he was right beside a river so he had to watch his surroundings but,

•Splash•

RECOMMENDED SONG WHILE READING: Reflections ~ The neighborhood

Unfortunately he fell right in the water and out of instinct I also jumped.
I wanted to save the Apartment keys.
Afterwards I heard others also jump in the river, but I didn't care about that because out of nowhere,

„Mhmmmmm!"

While holding my breath I tried to scream under water, I got a cramp in my leg.

„Mmhmmmmmmm!!!"

Continuously I tried to make noise while holding my breath, in the hopes of getting someones attention.

„Mhmm-m-m..."

From holding my breath, trying to be loud as possible and the panic of drowning I felt my strength leaving me.

„p-le-ase help.."

Not even being able to get loud anymore I begun to see black.
Right when I was about to lose consciousness,

„Hold on tight Nino."

„Huh...who is it?"

At first I couldn't recognize whose voice this was, to be honest I couldn't even follow anything that happened.
Everything happened so fast, but after a few seconds of regaining and coming back to my senses I could see the face of the person who saved me.
Or should I say saved me once again?

„Mhm..."

I just nodded and kept my gaze low, I mean how could I look him in the face now? By the way my face felt, I could only imagine how red I got.

„My god, why would you make me worry like this?
If you can't even swim don't just jump in! What if no one had noticed you almost drowning?"

He scolded me, I never got scolded by a guy before.
I always thought I would hate it.
My idea was that the guys in my life would have to endure whatever I did without freaking out.