Part 23: „My mother..."

„Wooahh, he really scares me..."

„Just don't look at him and you should be safe..."

As always people were talking behind my back,

„At least try to talk, so that I won't hear it!"

It became routine for me to hear people badmouthing me, after all my name in school is the nerd delinquent.

„I guess even if I hang out with Uesugi and the quintuplets a bit, it doesn't change anything about that..."

„Where are you?"

Ichika messaged me,

„Somewhere in school, why?"

I didn't know what exactly the place I am is called, I always spent my time here while lunch break.

„Alright, then move your ass to the library please."

Library she said, kind of confused I asked her why.

„How come?"

„We need help with this subject and Fuutaro is nowhere to be seen."

That was definitely admirable, the girls used their lunch break to study.
It's only plausible if you think about the fact that the first exams start in a few days.
I made my way to the library immediately, my secret spot was more crowded than usual anyway.

„He's finally here!"

Yotsuba enthusiastically announced my arrival, she always does. It's kinda cute,

„Finally do you know how long we waited for you slow idiot."

This on the other hand wasn't cute at all, Nino luckily was like her usual self.
Memories from almost 2 weeks ago flew in, where Nino had a panick attack because she didn't know anymore.
Since that day we exchanged information about Itsuki, she always kept me updated if her sister started to act weird again.
And I also admitted to her that Itsuki acts weird around me since Nino confessed about her fear.
Based off Ninos information Itsuki acts considerate,because of the incident.
However I believe there's more to it than just that, when I talked with Itsuki about her mother she had the same reaction Nino described she had, on the day of the arcade.
I was wondering if her dream and the death of her mother could play into this.

„Sato? Sato!"

„Ah! Im sorry!"

Seems like I was so deep in thought that Ichika had to snap me out of it,

„You're always like this! Can you help out?!"

Ichika was pretty mad, understably so. I space out often, and not rarely is Ichika the person who pulls me back.

„Of course I can, you just gotta..."

Some time later:

„Really! Thank you very much!"

The girls seemed to be thankful, especially Yotsuba. Her thank you was the loudest.

„No problem, I want all of you to be prepared."

Afterwards we parted and made our way to our classes.

It was end of the school day but the teacher wanted to talk with me,

„Sato-kun please come to the teachers office, after you're finished packing your things."

„Did I do something wrong?"