Part 25: I really do...

Itsuki's POV:

RECOMMENDED SONG While reading:
The Quintessential Quintuplets Ost~Omokage

On a chilly morning before school, I went to visit my mothers grave.

„You really come here every month."

Nino approached me from behind as I was praying at our mothers grave,

„I'm scared she would feel lonely if I wouldn't."

I say that, but the reality is different.
Im the one who would feel lonely...

Nino smiled and went on her knees with me and we prayed together,

„She would probably scold us for going on our knees on this hard ground hahaha."

Nino joked around, our mother was always very worried about us.

„Especially because of you, you always tend to get wounds on your legs."

After I countered with a joke centering around her, Nino's eyes widened.

„Y-Yeah, my bad. But at least I wasn't the reason why mom always had to take the long route because of sudden appetite."

As her lips trembled at first, Nino's face comprised the biggest smile I had seen on her for a long time and she also countered with a joke.

„And I'm still as slender as you. Life isn't fair is it? Hahahah"

I said, she was always jealous about the fact I could eat so much sweets and still keep my weight in a healthy parameter.

„And I still can't understand that till this day!"

Nino jokingly got mad, afterwards we laughed.
While still sitting at our mothers grave, we gazed at the sky that had no clouds in sight.

„Are you prepared for today?"

Today was the day for our last exams, today would be very important.
This is not only a thing of keeping our tutors, it would be also a important sign to our father
We are not your little girls anymore.
This is what we wish to achieve, having him acknowledge our growth.

„I definitely tried."

Nino answered,

„Is that so? Then let's go."

I said, school was about to start and we don't want to be late.

                              Akio's POV:

It was afternoon, all of us were done with the last exams.
We decided to meet up in the bakery Uesugi sama works at, to compare results.
More or less...

I was late to arrive, all of them except Nino were already there.
I tried to read on their faces if something bad happened, obviously all of them know individually know if they have passed or not.
Unfortunately I couldn't really read their body language, or should I say I didn't want to?

They greeted me but the atmosphere was rather tense,
One after another the girls pulled out their results, to our delight so far all of them passed.
But now comes the difficult part, the one sister that had the most problems.
The sister that had the most pressure.
The sister that helped me get this job in the first place,
„Please Yotsuba... Show us your growth."

For a second it felt like time stopped, none of us let out a single noise.
Everyone held their breath as Yotsuba was pulling her results out of the envelope,