Even though she knows she won't get a nice answer out of him, she can't help but ask: "Yeh aapne khareeda?"

And as expected...

"No." He put down his newspaper: "Apne aap hawa se prakat ho gya.. maine toh bs chutki bajai."

****

Monami quickly went home to freshen up. When she returned with her luggage, she saw Faizi sitting opposite Karan, eating her share of Paratha.

Faizi gave her a cheeky smile. She pretended not to notice and ate the Paratha that was kept in plate in front of her by Karan.

When he finished eating, he took out a stack of documents and passed them to Monami.

Monami took a look: "This is ......"

Faizi smiled: "Background check by a private detective on all the staff in Customer 3 Division. Of course, given the short timeframe, yeh sirf preliminary results hain. Ek baar saari details aa jae toh I'll update you."

Monami looked at Karan: "Wow, that's efficient."

Karan smiled at her. - Of course that goes without saying.

*****

Monami started reading the documents in the car. Faizi was driving them to the airport. Each person document was attached with their pic.

 Each person document was attached with their pic

Presenting Amrapali Gupta as Debina Ghosh

Manager.
Career woman. Divorced. no kids.
Work is life.
Picky, Not very good tempered, often complain about residential security guards / cleaning / restaurant services etc etc, Replaces part time maid every 3-4 months. She doesn't like Shagun. Last year, she has twice wanted to transfer her out of the division or fire her, but was unable to do so because of department of labour regulations.

Monami now realised Debina don't know of their real identity and purpose in the division. She only thought Karan and Monami are related to Chairman and thus given good positions in an elite team.