His strong hands were now holding my shoulders as he pleaded for an intelligible reaction.

"I like you too." I managed to say, looking up at him. "I want to kiss you."

"Sorry?"

"No!" I exclaimed, realizing the nonsense that escaped my mouth. "I didn't mean it, but– listen, I think my mom's waiting for me. See you tomorrow?"

"Huh, sure?" The poor boy looked extremely confused. However, the shame was too immense, growing harder and harder to bear.

In the end, I rushed into my home, leaving my friend outside.

J U N G K O O K

"You should've kissed her right away instead of acting all innocent, you moron!" Kwon spat as he joined the rest of us–the art club members excluding Y/n–near the red couch we had just received.

Sarutobi shook her head, scolding her friend with the deadliest look. "Don't be so hard on him, he outdid himself by confessing."

I nodded. "Yeah, it was overwhelming."

"I feel you." Jae patted my back "But I would've kissed her."

Thanks to the girls' support, I managed to get the guys off my back.

"That's why she keeps avoiding you..." Solange said as if it was a random fact to say

"Thanks for reminding me." I gave her a fake smile, earning a simple shrug.

She wasn't lying though. The day after the confession, we didn't have the chance to cross paths since our schedules were different. On Saturday, I texted her to make sure we were okay, but she never responded. Since then, I had no news from her. Even that morning, she always pretended to be busy, leaving me no choice but to wait. Honestly, she was starting to get on my nerves. I get that she was embarrassed. Still, I was the one who opened my heart and let it all out. I should be the one avoiding her!

"Where is she now?" I asked

My female classmate shrugged once again, but this time, she showed more interest. "Oh, what if I call her?"

"No." Jae shook his head from left to right. "She knows he's here; she saw us earlier."

"I could ask her to meet me somewhere." Hyemon spoke up, rubbing her hands. "No way she'll refuse, she loves me."

Indeed, Hyemon was right. A few minutes later, I was sitting inside an empty room, waiting for Y/n who expected to see her friend here, not me. It wasn't long until she arrived, obviously surprised to see me there. However, she did not run away. Actually, her reaction managed to caught me off guard as I watched her take a seat right across from me. She sat straight with her hands resting on her thighs, and she looked me in the eye.

"I kind of knew this was going to happen."

"Were you planning on avoiding me until next year?"

She rolled her eyes, blushing in the process. "Sorry about that... I was being childish."

"Can't fight you on that." I vividly agreed, flashing her a light smile as making her uncomfortable was the last thing I needed. "I did all the talking last time. It's your turn now, I'm all ears."

She bit her lip, finally breaking eyecontact. "You're enjoying this."

"Not particularly, but I deserve an explanation." I shrugged

The girl sighed, sign that she agreed with me. "I panicked, that's it."

"Our feelings are mutual. What makes you so worried?"

"I don't know, this is weird! I loved you as a friend, but suddenly, I found myself gawking at you whenever you'd pass by. And I even almost hated Solange! Can you believe that?"

I laughed, really not expecting that. "No, I actually can't."

I noticed her body relax as she kept talking. "Well, believe it." she shook her head from left to right "I don't know why I told you to kiss me, I guess I was excited. Whatever, forget that part."

This time, I didn't say anything. Instead, I folded my arms over my chest as our eyes locked.

"What? Don't look at me like that. I like you, I said it already. What else do you want me to say?"

I leaned towards her, feeling the urge to get close to her. "What if I told you I want that kiss?"

"S-stop fooling around!" she pushed away my face as I chuckled "Don't joke about that."

"I'm not joking." I leaned again, closer this time. "May I?"

And just like that, her quivering lips crushed onto mine.

『 ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ 』