Chapter 5

A few weeks went by. Sarabi had gone into labor. She was currently in the den with some of the other lionesses and Mufasa. Jabari was very excited to be soon getting a younger sibling.

Just then, Sarafina came out of the den. "Mama! Mama!" Sarafina's newborn cub, Nala, called.

Sarafina smiled down at her daughter as she stroked her fur, before turning to Jabari. "Thank you for keeping an eye on her, Jabari." She said.

"You're welcome." Jabari said.

"Would you like to meet your new sibling?" Sarafina asked.

"Yes!" Jabari said.

"I'll keep Nala company." Binti offered.

"Thank you, Binti." Sarafina said. "Follow me, Jabari."

Jabari excitedly followed behind Sarafina. He saw his parents and Sarabi holding a small bundle in her arms. They smiled at him.

"Meet your baby brother, Simba." Sarabi said.

"A brother?" Jabari asked.

"Yes." Mufasa said.

"He's so small." Jabari said, looking down at his brother.

"You were this small once." Sarabi said. Jabari looked down.

"What's wrong?" Mufasa asked.

"You didn't know me when I was this small."

"Jabari, I've already talked to you about this." Mufasa said.

"I know, but." Jabari started.

"Jabari. I'm sure Mufasa has already told you, but having Simba doesn't change how we feel about you." Sarabi said. "You are still our son."

"Okay." Jabari said.

Once Sarabi had rested and recovered from the labor, they had a ceremony to present Simba to the rest of the Pridelands. They started pretty early. Rafiki came to present Simba and all the animals of the Pridelands. Jabari stood next to his parents. Rafiki took Simba from Sarabi and presented him to the rest of the Pridelands. The aminals cheered and bowed.

Afterwards, Jabari was walking through the Pridelands. "Hi Kijani." He greeted.

"Hey Jabari." Kijani greeted."

"I didn't see you at the ceremony." Jabari said.

"I didn't think I would be welcome." Kijani said. "I watched from a safe distance."

"Oh." Jabari said.

"Cool that you have a baby brother." Kijani said.

"Thanks." Jabari said.

"Can I ask you something?" Kijani asked.

"Go ahead." Jabari said.

"Why did you help me that day?" Kijani asked.

"Honestly, I don't know myself, as the last time I encountered hyenas they killed my family and almost killed me." Jabari started. "But, you're still part of the Pridelands and you were hurt. I needed to buck up and overcome my fears."

"Well, I guess I should be thankful you helped me and your father allowed me to stay in the Pridelands." Kijani said. "I don't know if I would be able to defend myself against Ed, Shenzi, and Bonzai while I was injured."

"No problem." Jabari said. "Do you want to hang around or something? I could show you around the Pridelands."

"You sure your parents will be alright with it?" Kijani asked.

"It'll be fine." Jabari said. "Plus, if you're going to be part of the guard, you'll need to know the lands."

"Sure." Kijani said.

AN: This is what Jabari looks like now.