Chapter 2

It had only been a few days since Jabari came to Pride Rock with Mufasa. It was the middle of the night and Jabari was asleep in the den with the rest of the pride. He was having a nightmare over what happened with his family, which woke him up.

Sarabi woke up to hear whimpering. She looked around the den until her eyes landed on Jabari. "Jabari?" She whispered. "What's wrong?"

"Just a bad dream." Jabari said. "Don't worry about it."

"Come on." Sarabi said as she stood up. "Let's get a drink from the watering hole."

Jabari stood up and followed her out of den.

They didn't notice Mufasa following behind them, but whereas Sarabi and Jabari headed down to the watering hole, Mufasa stayed up on Pride Rock keeping an eye on them.

"May I ask what your dream was about?" Sarabi asked.

Jabari didn't answer at first. "What happened to my family." He finally said.

"Ahh." Sarabi said.

"My other family." Jabari corrected.

"Jabari, what you went through was horrible and must have been very scary for you. And we are sorry for the loss of your family." Sarabi said. "All we wanted was to give you a home and a place to stay, so you wouldn't be alone."

"I know. I'm very grateful that you guys took me in." Jabari said.

"We would never try to replace your family." Sarabi continued. "So, you don't have to correct yourself whenever you talk about your family."

"Alright." Jabari said. "I'm sorry you're having nightmares about what happened." Sarabi said. "I'm sure you miss them." "Yeah, I do." Jabari replied. "It's ok to miss them." Sarabi said. "I'm always here if you ever want to talk. Along with Mufasa and the other lionesses. We want you all I feel welcome here." "Thank you." Jabari said.

While they got a drink, they heard footsteps. "Good evening, Sarabi." They heard. "Out late, are we?"

Jabari looked up to see a lion with darker fur, then the rest of the pride, and a black mane. Jabari hadn't seen or met this lion since being taken into the pride.

"Scar." Sarabi greeted.

Jabari thought that was an odd name, but he did notice a large scar running down the lion's left eye.

"Who's the little runt?" Scar asked.

"You and Mufasa didn't have a litter without telling me, did you?"

"You'd know if you bothered showing up to Pride Rock once in awhile." Sarabi said. "Jabari, let's go."

Jabari followed Sarabi without a word. "Who was that?" Jabari asked, once they were out of earshot of the other lion.

"Mufasa's brother." Sarabi explained. "Let's just say he's not the friendliest lion."

Once they got back up to Pride Rock, Mufasa was waiting for them.

"Go on back into the den, Jabari." Mufasa said. "We'll be in in a minute."

"Thank you for comforting me." Jabari said to Sarabi.

"Of course." Sarabi said.

Jabari headed back into the den and fell back asleep.

"What did my brother want?" Mufasa asked.

"Curious about Jabari." Sarabi explained. "I didn't tell him anything. You should be the one."

"I'll have a conversation with him tomorrow." Mufasa said. "For now. Let's go back to bed."

Sarabi nodded and they went back into the den.