chapter eighty six

Start from the beginning

"Donovan and Kaley told me the same thing."

"They really love you. Your whole family does."

Mark hums. "And I love them. Kaley really is like my sister and I love her. I'm really glad Donovan got his shit together and fell for her."

"Is their love story complicated?"

"They were friends, Kaley started liking him, Kaley started loving him, Donovan still only saw her as a friend, a silent collective agreement between me and my parents to adopt Kaley into the family and that she's perfect for my brother, Donovan still only saw her as a best friend, Kaley got over it and asked him on a date, Donovan was still confused, Kaley asked him on more dates and started being so bold the entire neighborhood understood she liked him, Donovan finally realized he's in love with her, got yelled at by all of us, waited for Kaley to ask him out 'cause no one trusted him to do anything and they finally got together."

"Wow. How long did that take?"

"One excruciating year that felt like five. Kaley literally told us that she was gonna be the one to propose to make sure someone got the job done. Donovan almost choked when she said that."

Jeno chuckles. "Kinda sounds like he was asking for it."

"He was. He's honestly lucky Kaley was so in love with him. I can't imagine what would have happened if she moved onto someone else. All I know is that me and my parents would cry. Especially at her wedding, they'd be tears of sadness."

"Just thinking about that makes me sad."

Mark nods, moving back to snuggle against Jeno. He presses play on the movie and then continues moving until he can comfortably lay on Jeno and watch at the same thing. Nothing but the sound of the movie and rustling of either the blankets or snacks is heard, both males getting into a sleepy trance until the movie ends, which breaks them out of it. Jeno gets up, collecting the garbage.

"Thanks", Mark tells him.

"No problem, bubs."

A warm, fuzzy feeling takes over Mark at the name, also startling him. "What?"

"Hm? I called you bubs, do you like it?"

Mark nods, shyly looking down at his lap. It makes Jeno smile, how insanely cute he is.

When he comes back, he pulls Mark into his arms and goes right back to cuddling him, finding him and this date so perfect.

Ten
I'm adding more people, deal
with it

Yangyang
I'm...kind of sorry

Princess
That's just how Ten is
Unless it's a stranger that doesn't
know what he's like, I gave up
apologizing

Jungwoo
I'm too unsympathetic apparently

Princess
Woo, you're like "sorry😒"

Jungwoo
Whatever

Unknown
Where's Lele?

Yangyang
Of course you're the most
concerned with him

Favorite Person🙄
This is why I called y'all his
jealous boyfriends
Yes, Ten, I know Yangyang is
yours

Taeil
We ALL know Yangyang is yours

Kun
You guys haven't even seen them
at the tattoo parlor

Jungwoo
I wanted to bleach my eyes fr

Unknown
I'm starting to think Jungwoo
hates love
Anyone care to confirm?