𝗢𝗡𝗘

disclaimer: this book is in no way a sequel to after dark and is much better than that one. also this book is dark, just a heads up.

Reader is not dumb and is quite smart in this book. Some improvement from my other one lol.

Y/N exited school with a smile on her face. School had finally ended for the summer and while she weren't looking forward to the harassment she always received from the bowers gang to grow, Y/N had other things on her mind that made her happy.

Y/N stood, waiting for her Mother. She would arrive soon. She knew. Every single day she came at a specific time. Y/N looked over, waving at her friends, well, she considered them her friends. Bill, Richie, and Stan. they were sweet.

Bill nervously waved back, Y/N didn't have much time for even speaking with them. If her Mom didn't see her where she stood, she would freak. She often ate lunch with them. Sometimes, Richie's jokes were, weird, but nonetheless, she liked them.

M/N arrived quicker than expected. Y/N didn't see Henry or Patrick pick on them, since she drove off before she could.

If she had, Y/n would've stood up for them, maybe kick them both in the balls to teach them a lesson. But she didn't, and Y/N was going to enjoy her Summer away from School.

But the thing was, Derry was a strange town. Everyone there were also odd. If they witnessed any crime, heck, even murder, they don't do anything almost as if it's a curse on Derry. And Derry has the highest amount of missing people, more specifically, children. "Was your last day good? M/N asked. Y/N nodded. "It was. I mean, we did nothing so that was good."

Y/N knew she wasn't disliked by people(mostly anyways) but never bragged about it and sometimes, being "popular" was a curse.

Y/N was from a rich and perfect family. She did love her Mom, and her Dad? She loved him too, but he didn't live with her. Her parents divorced and she was relieved.

He lived in the city next to Derry, but Y/N saw him as often as she could which was every other weekend. "You have any plans with friends this summer? M/N asked.

Y/N shrugged. "I'm not sure. Maybe." Y/N wasn't too social, but not completely introverted either so in between, it depended on her mood.

"Well, I hope you do, M/N smiled. She always encouraged Y/N to socialize, even when she wasn't in the mood to do so.

Y/N nodded, staring out the window as they pulled up to the house. It was a nice house in a nice neighborhood in Derry.

Nice neighborhoods were rare in Derry nowadays since the town itself was a shithole, as M/N called it over the phone once.

However she never packed them up and left. Probably due to the fact that M/N wanted to stay where she grew up, a sentimental thing.

"I'm going to my room, Y/N announced, and M/N nodded as she went in the living room. Y/N sighed, plopping down on her bed. She was very exhausted. Even though she worked hard in school, she did only decent.

Y/N knew, no matter how hard she worked, she'd never be successful, in school anyways. She sighed, closing her eyes from exhaustion. When she woke up, she smelled something. Y/N figured dinner was finished.

Y/N went downstairs, seeing her Mom smiling. "Dinner is ready, honey, M/N grinned. Y/N nodded, sitting down. She was hungry. Y/N was relieved she didn't have to work so much this summer since school was over, for now.

Y/N, despite being only decent in school, was smart. Y/N really had potential of being intelligent and going to an ivy league school, but because she didn't really believe she could, she didn't get high grades.

But Y/N could, if she really believed she could. But she did her very best, or so she thinks is doing her best. Still, she had more years of school ahead of her. Maybe next school year she could be so much more.

Y/N had been trying to figure out who is doing this to missing kids. She couldn't think logically, because this probably was supernatural. Sounded crazy enough, but she heard the voices of the kids sometimes whenever she walked by the sewer. Plus, how could someone do this to so many people, specifically children? Nothing made sense from that

Y/N quickly put two and two together. She planned on going to the library. Once dinner was over, Y/N asked, "Mom, Can I bike to the library?" M/N nodded. "Be careful, okay honey?" Y/N nodded. She was sick of people in derry never doing anything about the disappearances, well, they did, but now most were overlooked.

She was sick of people in derry doing nothing for anything. they simply were bystanders. Whenever kids were beaten up in public, the grown ups did nothing, they simply walked away, like they were under something or some spell.

Derry definitely was cursed. Y/N was determined to find the missing kids, or have answers at least. Even though, everyone, including Y/N, knew they were dead. She of course, would never say anything, especially since, Bill's little brother went missing, and he was sensitive, holding on hope Georgie, his nickname, would be found alive.

Y/N wished she was like him, still hopeful about everything. But Y/N had good traits of her own, one being determination. If Y/N would be the only one to solve these missing person cases, then so be it.

She entered the library, finding some books on Derry History. Y/N quickly went through most of them, noticing the same pattern of every disaster in derry history, happened every 27 years. Y/N concluded something supernatural was going on, meaning this was something inhumane.

Y/N finished reading every book she had picked out, placing them back, leaving the library and going on her bike, biking home. Y/N didn't even change her clothes, she simply put her things down, and fell asleep on her bed.

She was so exhausted.