FAQs for How to Change Your Life

How do I start changing my life?

One of the easiest ways to start changing your life is to think about and decide what you don't want your life to become. Then, you can look into what needs to change (e.g., new job, new relationship, new eating habits) to avoid that outcome. By eliminating negative aspects, you may get closer to the life you want—even if you're never able to define exactly what that is.

Why is it important to change your life?

Ultimately, you have the best chance of changing yourself—and getting the life you want. While it isn't easy to change your life, making changes to aspects you control gives you the best chance to get the life you want. After all, you get only one, so you might as well put in the effort to make it the one you want.

Summary: How to Change Your Life for the Better

Learning how to change your life for the better is relatively simple. However, actually changing your life – and changing yourself – is much more challenging.

If you want to know how to change your life completely, here are 10 steps to follow:

Decide in your heart to change your life, come hell or high water.Practice stepping out of your comfort zone and embracing discomfort.Identify the things in your life you want to change.Define how you want to transform your life.Identify every possible thing that could prevent you from changing your life.Choose one significant change or keystone habit to conquer.Set a SMART goal to help you stay on track.Help your future self-stick with the program by preparing for tough times.Get the people in your life on your side and find ways to manage difficult people.Think long-term, be patient, and focus on the process, not the results.

Finally, don't wait to get started – start now.

What changes in life do you want to make? Let me know in the comments below!