Secret Santa

This is definitely based off of Jim and Pam from the office lol. I haven't seen the office in years though, so I can't remember how similar it will actually be to this story. Enjoy!

Christmas was coming up, and that meant lots of holiday activities for the Bellas. They were always doing stuff like baking cookies, watching Christmas movies, giving gifts, etc. This was mainly because Chloe was one of the biggest Christmas enthusiasts ever, so of course she wanted to share that with her best friends.

Beca was pretty much the opposite of Chloe's Christmas cheer. She didn't ever care too much for the holidays, mostly because it was always stressful for her growing up. Holidays with divorced parents are never fun, so she never really got into the whole "Christmas magic" that Chloe loved. The redhead always teased her about being a "scrooge," even though Beca really did try to hide her feelings about Christmas in front of Chloe. She never wanted to do anything to upset Chloe, so participating in her activities wasn't that bad.

The Bellas' favorite thing to do was their annual secret santa. They would all get randomly assigned to one another for gift giving, and then they'd all get together for the exchange. To start this year's secret santa, Chloe passed around a jar of names to pick from.

The jar went around the circle, each girl picking another Bella. Some girls let out a little squeal, some maintained a poker face, or if you're Amy, you gave away who you had!

"Awe what? I got Emily!" Amy disappointedly shouted. The group brushed past it, all of them barely phased by Amy's typical reaction to Emily.

When the jar returned to Chloe, she reached in for the last-standing name. She unfolded the slip to see she was assigned Beca. She smiled widely before tucking the paper into her pocket.

"Ok ladies! Now that you have your girl, we all have a week to shop." Chloe said with excitement as well as somewhat of a strictness.

For the next few days, Chloe tried to subtly find out what Beca wanted. A new pair of headphones would be way over the budget while a new one of those flash drives she uses would be lame, and way under.

"Those bracelets are cool, Becs." Chloe said.

"You want em? I don't even really like jewelry anyways." Beca responded.

"There goes that idea." Chloe thought.

Little conversations like that went on all week, and Chloe could not nail down what to get Beca. She wanted it to be really special. She cared so much about Beca, and she thought it was fate to draw her name.

In one last attempt to get a gift idea, Chloe headed over to Beca's room. When she got outside the door, she could hear Beca on the phone with someone.

"I don't know..." Beca said.

...

"Dad, anything you pick out will be appreciated. I'm always more into the meaning and thought, anyways." She continued.

...

"Ok, love you too. Bye."

After hearing that, Chloe didn't even bother trying again. She finally had an idea for her gift. She was going to give something to Beca that would be the most meaningful gift imaginable. Chloe was going to confess her feelings for Beca.

Chloe had liked Beca ever since they met four years ago. She was enamored by everything the brunette did. The way she laughed, the way she sang, even the way she looked in the morning fresh from waking up. Chloe loved her, but she would never admit that. Not until now at least. She cared too much about their friendship, and if confessing her feelings ruined anything, Chloe would never live it down. She wasn't sure why now was the time to do it, but she was done waiting. Graduation was coming up, and if she doesn't say something now, she'll never know what could have been.

So, Chloe headed to the craft store. What could be more meaningful than a hand-made gift? She picked up a little wooden box, some paints, and other fun decals to decorate the box.

She got home and got to work. After a couple hours, the box was painted and decorated beautifully. There was even a picture of Beca and Chloe together glued on top. It may have looked somewhat like an elementary school art project, but Chloe was proud of it. The inside is what really mattered, anyways. Locked inside was a letter that detailed everything Chloe had ever felt about Beca, as well as little slips of paper that each gave a different reason why she loved Beca.

Chloe stashed the key to the box in her bedside table. She finished the last step of her gift, writing a short card. It told her not to read aloud, and to meet in Chloe's room after the exchange.

The next day, the Bellas all gathered in the living room to do their secret santa.

"I can't wait to see who got me!" Chloe said excitedly.

They passed around gifts, and everyone was so happy to see what they got. The last girl to open her gift happened to be Beca, and Chloe was practically biting her nails with anticipation.

Beca unwrapped the present to reveal the box Chloe had decorated. She peeled open the card left on top, and followed the instructions to read in her head.
She shot a puzzled look over to Chloe, confused about the note to meet her afterwards. Pretending there was nothing more to the gift, Beca thanked Chloe for the locked box.

"Alright ladies, that's a wrap! Literally!" Chloe said after the girls had all exchanged thanks.

The girls rolled their eyes at the bad pun and then began to clean up. Chloe snuck away to go upstairs, and Beca took that as a cue to head up too.

"So..." Beca said. She had no clue what Chloe had planned for her.

"If you didn't already see, the box I gave you is locked shut. I didn't want you to open it in front of the other girls, so I thought I'd give you the key up here." Chloe said as she handed the small key to Beca.

"You're scaring me, Chlo. What's inside?"

"Open it and you'll see. I'm the one who should be scared, anyways." Chloe said with a smile.

Beca unlocked the box and opened it up to see the letter and other little notes. She looked too nervous to even see what was written.

"Just read it." Chloe assured her.

Beca read the letter, and her cheeks turned bright read. Chloe knew she had gotten to the confession. What Chloe didn't notice was the tears forming in the brunette's eyes.

After she got through the note, Beca looked back up at Chloe. There was no hiding her tears anymore.

"Oh my god. Do you hate me?" Chloe said. She assumed Beca was crying because their friendship was ruined.

"No. I love you too, Chlo." Beca said softly.

Chloe reached for Beca's cheek, pulling her into a kiss. A kiss she'd been waiting the last four years for.

Beca finally had a reason to love Christmas.