Chapter 54: Everything Falls into Place

Begin

~Normal POV

Yu was restless after seeing the Midnight Channel. All he could think about was Nanako. She was home, all alone... Nobody to protect her. But he was sure the others had seen it too. They were likely scrambling with fear just like he was. He didn't bother trying to beg his uncle or Adachi to let him call anyone. They weren't gonna let him. He might as well be seen as a common criminal at this point, with however long he'd been locked up in this room.

After god knows how long, with his skewed sense of time right now, he finally heard something new outside.

"Huh? What are you guys doing here-" He heard Dojima say through the door. "Hey- what do you think you're doing?! I didn't say you could go in there!"

The door opened and Yosuke, Kanji, and Teddie ran in; followed by Dojima and Adachi trying to stop them. His friends all looked worried sick, and tired from rushing over here.

"What happened?!" Yu asked, quickly getting up.

"Nanako-chan's missing!" Yosuke shouted, frantically.

Yu figured it had to be his anxiety talking, but he wasn't surprised at all to hear this. But it did still scare the shit out of him to think about. At least this news would finally get Dojima and Adachi to listen to them. The two men looked shocked as hell.

"What?!" Dojima shouted. "What do you mean?!"

Yosuke held up his phone, which was open and apparently put on speaker so they could all hear. "Naoto's on the phone calling from your house! Listen to her!"

Dojima took the phone. "Shirogane?! You there? What the hell's going on?!"

"I'm at your house right now." Naoto answered, "The front door's open and there's no one inside! I- I'm afraid that Nanako-chan has been kidnapped by our serial killer. Surely you must have known Dojima-san?! The case isn't over yet!"

Dojima's face hardened with rage and fear. He shoved the phone back into Yosuke's hand and tried calling his home phone. The number wasn't responding.

"Nanako..." Dojima said, stiffly, his eyes looked a little red now. "Is this true? Has Nanako really been...?"

"Yes, and we have to hurry!" Yu said firmly.

Dojima called in about the kidnapping, telling the police to set up checkpoints to stop anyone trying to leave town. The boys didn't bother telling him that this wouldn't work. If they knew their culprit, they knew that Nanako was already in the tv, and the kidnapper had gone back to wherever he was hiding out. Yu paled at the thought. The tv world was way too dangerous for someone so small and helpless. And the fog... There was no telling what kind of effect it would have on her younger immune system. They couldn't stand breathing it in too long without the Teddie glasses before nearly collapsing.

"Even if this is connected to the murders, we can't prove it..." Adachi said, worriedly, "And everyone on the force thinks this case is over and done with..." Dojima went to the door. "Where are you going?!"

"To look for my daughter!" Dojima shouted back. "If this is connected to that murder case, the top brass won't accept the facts until it's too late! I'm not gonna wait for those clowns!" With that, he ran out the door.

"Maybe if they'd listened to Naoto in the first place, this wouldn't have happened..." Kanji grumbled, quietly. He didn't particularly care if Adachi heard him. Yu heard him and agreed with it completely.

This left the four boys alone in the room with Adachi. Since Yu was still under detainment, the others were now basically trapped here with him. Adachi wasn't allowed to simply let him go. And the five of them were all very distraught and unsure of what to do now.

Chase The Truthजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें