Chapter 47: A Detective Joins the Team

Begin!

~Normal POV

10/5 - Wednesday

Yu hadn't had a chance to spend any time with Rise yet. They saw each other at school and got to talk a little around their friends and such. But they hadn't attempted to discuss what happened before. That would have to wait until they could get a moment alone. But one thing Yu was a bit comforted by was the fact that she was still happy to see him. And she made a point to sit closer to him during lunch. That was a good thing- she still wanted to be near him.

Yu had remembered to check the weather forecast, the fog was going to roll in tonight. He checked the Midnight Channel again tonight and was relieved to see no images of any kind. Since they saved Naoto, and the fog finally came, that must mean she'll be at school again tomorrow. Yu knew well enough that Rise, just like him, would prioritize the case over any unsaid words between them. This would be a good way to put it off a little longer. They needed to hear the info Naoto had to offer.

~...

10/6 - Thursday

Yu walked to school with Yosuke and Chie. Upon reaching the gates, they found Naoto there to greet them. Yu could honestly say he was both surprised and not surprised to see that she was still opting to wear the boys' uniform and her hat. For whatever reason, he sort of assumed she'd be dressing differently. Well, it didn't matter. What did matter was that she was healthy again.

"Good morning," She greeted, smiling.

"Naoto-kun!" Chie said, brightly. "Are you feeling better now?"

"Yes, thanks to all of you." Naoto wasn't hiding her voice anymore though. Her real voice was distinctly feminine, but a bit husky. "I'd like to thank you once again for what happened."

"It's alright, you already thanked us," Yu replied.

"So..." Chie said, looking her over. "Your... uniform?"

"Huh?" Naoto blushed. "Ah... yes. I did think about it. But I chose to go with what I've been wearing thus far. It's simply too drastic a change for so soon. There's no need for you to-"

"Hey, it's the Detective Prince!"

"That's no Prince. I heard he's a she!"

The two students who commented on this kept walking past them. Naoto frowned, looking somewhat embarrassed.

"My, my... rumors spread so quickly..." She mumbled.

"Just ignore them," Yu said, reassuringly. "I give it a week before they stop caring."

Naoto smiled gratefully. "Yes... I'm myself, right? That aside, I'd like to discuss the case with you all."

"Of course," Yu replied. "We'll all go to Junes after school and talk it over. We have plenty we need to ask you too."

Naoto was happy to hear this. Meanwhile, Yosuke was staring at her quizzically.

"So, you're seriously a chick..." He asked, looking her over a few times.

"Is that a problem," Naoto asked.

"What, no!" Yosuke said, quickly, "No- no! Of course not! And has anyone told you that you look fantastic today?"

Naoto gave him an unamused look. "I prefer compliments that are actually sincere." She turned and walked into the school. Yosuke gaped at her, while Yu and Chie couldn't help laughing.

~...

After school, they all went to their special headquarters to discuss the case. Naoto was a little confused as to why they chose such a public area for such a thing, but didn't question it. And they were able to bring Teddie in too, because he was working today.